• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone heard of this 16yr old distance record holder?

The golden handcuffs only get tighter. I work a job I mostly hate because I wake up to the reality that nothing else would compensate me as well and in turn give my kids as many opportunities as they have. If they have a chance to be really great at something that they love, they can count on me to support them in it. I would love for them to be happier in their working life than I am, even if they take a shot and it doesn't work out.

Never met Austin when I lived in Bakersfield but met his dad. There are a bunch of guys in and around Bakersfield who throw far. If you grew up on Sharktooth and Suicide Flats you might learn to throw like that too! Those courses are monstrous. Not sure how old his dad is but his dad can throw far too for his age.

He needs to work on his game if he wants to achieve his goal of world champion. He's currently rated at 940.

He was specifically a house framer from what I recall, back before nail guns were commonly used. That's part of the reason he had amazing wrist bounce/forearm muscles and such focus on the 'hit' aspect of the disc release.
:thmbup:
Ken Climo said:
Hold it back and then bam! at the end, just like hammering a nail.

lyleoross speaks truth, and that kid can crush some plastic too.

He set the mini distance record that day too at 330'.

He may be 940 rated but he has 1000+ rated skills. He posted that his tourney play hasn't been that great but I bet he kills it in casual rounds.

Lot of people responding to the better/worse comments and ignoring the guy who pointed out that we can't really judge unless we know the parents/educators. My kids will one day be home schooled, with opportunities for social growth built in. I have a history degree, a writing minor, and licensure to teach all the sciences with experience in teaching environmental, bio, physics, chem, and anatomy.... it just depends on the parents/educators and the plan they create. It COULD be way better than a traditional high school experience. It could also be painfully worse. There is no singular essentialist answer.

Latest posts