• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone near Portland, OR?

Scott64a

I'll be out there and playing some disc this Friday.

Was thinking about hitting some courses out W or SW of the city, since I have to drop my wife off in Beaverton Friday AM.

I may just say screw it and drive back to town to play at Piers Park and then head SE to McIver and Timber parks.

I haven't decided. Anyone in that area want to connect for a round? I've never been to Oregon and am itching to play there.
I only have Friday though.

If you only have friday and have to be in beaverton I would probably do hornings, Buxton and/or LL stub. Mciver and timber are great but you are going to waste a TON of time driving.

I don't think I'll have time to play, but the following is probably your best chance at getting a response:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/discgolfordie/

If it were me, I would keep heading West from Beaverton and hit Horning's Hideout, Stubb Stewart, or Buxton Woods. Otherwise you're going to be fighting traffic and inefficient routes. Highways 26 and 217 (the main highways west of I-5) can be absolutely miserable during rush hour.

Edit: Looks like I agree with Ocelotl. Personally, I would prioritize Stubb and Horning's over Buxton.

I agree that the traffic can be a pain in the arse, but I'd certainly not miss Milo. Especially because they have (or they did on Sunday) the 36 hole tournament layout set up right now.

And Pier is amazing for a city course.

Wish I could skip work and join you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I played 54 holes at Horning's. Started with Highlands, then hit Meadow Ridge, and finished with the Canyon. What a great course.
I even had the pleasure of meeting Bob Horning as I was looking for Meadow Ridge. Nice guy. They need more signage there to find the beginnings of courses.

I'll be back around once a month, so I'll use that link above. Thanks!