• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone play with gateway?

corsicana420

I just started playing and ordered two Gateway discs from ebay to try. Does anyone throw the E-Magic 170g or the Illusion in a 150g? Cant wait to throw them! :D

People around here are a big fan of their putters. Lots have had success with the wizard.

Great putters imo (I use wizards and just got some voodoos I like even more) haven't tried out much more yet.

I can personally vouch for Gateway Warlocks, they are the bomb. I threw a Diablo DT I found in the creek, found it really flippy and gave it to my bro which he lost immediately. Try discgolfreview.com for reviews.

I recently bought a Voodoo at a tournament last weekend and i cant imagine i will ever throw another putter in my disc golf career. i'm sold on it

I use magic and wizard putters. All this voodoo talk has me curious!!

I also bought my daughter a 136g Rage...man did that do the trick, she is upto about 50' now...get some form and I think she will hit 100' in no time.

I carry a 150g Illusion. It's pretty overstable. I use it mostly as a headwind disc.

I love my Assassins and Sabres, plus I put the VooDoo putter gris-gris on the basket. I seem to overthrow the Element. All I get from them is wobble right. Assassins and Sabres are straight and true. I think I throw the Element too hard.

I putt and approach with a couple of different Magics.

I'm planning on picking up a voodoo and a wizard soon, I might also try another disc or two of theirs soon. I hear nothing but good things about the putters though

Got an ace with a prototype wizard. I love those putters even though I enjoy aviars best. Both are superior however.

Gateway def brings something else to the table.
I only putt with Voodoos.
Sabres are great straight fairway discs
Assasins are good for an understable distance driver. The new plstic for them is cool too.

Their Clear Evolution plastic is money also

I just picked up two soft wizards last weeks. played one round with them and love them already. going to try pp360 with them tonight to see if my numbers go up or not

My numbers went from a 38 (very windy no wizards) to a 54 (single round) to an 88 to a 126 yesterday playing with 2 wizards, 2 magics, and an aviar....I like the Wizards/Magic...and yes...I do suck, thank you.

I never heard of Gateway until I got on this site. They have good plastic and the starter bag is tough. I like the one zipper across the top, instead of the three-sided zipper where you have to tuck in the lid or let it flap.

I love the SS plastic, got wizard, warlock, and now voodoo in the plastic...i'm not that big of a fan of the Evolution plastic, a little too slick for my taste, but it's not terrible either...I've got an old school Warrior that I throw as a fairway driver/midrange, I can't get it over 250ft, but it goes straight as an arrow and doesn't fade at all...I've also got a Raging Inferno that I use for long bombs (350ft max) but i'm not sure if Gateway put that out or if it's Millenium of whoever it was that bought Gateway

All I can say is that Dave McCormack can design courses and discs with the best of them...

Latest posts