• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone play with their kid(s)

My 2 eldest sons, Robbie and Chip never want to play, but my youngest Ernie loves it. Ernie's the only one that was adopted, so go figure. I guess 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Started playing back in 2008 as a way to spend time with my sons while they were home for college that summer. I also play with my oldest son occasionally, but he has his own kids to nurture, so we don't get out enough.

I have taken all three of my gandchildren out. Of course, after a couple of holes, they were ready for the playground. Everyone had a great time.

I have 2 boys and gf has 3 boys and 1 girl they all like to play some more than others.. My two boys are doe hards already 6 and 8yrs old and will play full rounds..my 8 yr old is throwing bout 150 ft on good throws and helped me with my sidearm by just watching him sidearm putters smooth. Im gonna let him play league this year

My son is 19 months. He likes to grab my discs out of the bag and drop them in the basket, so I think we are right on track. Very excited for the day he can begin to actually play.

It's amazing how many families play disc golf together. The Waterloo Disc Golf Club in Austin holds an annual parent/child doubles tournament that is really popular. This year the event was expanded to 54 teams and registration still filled quickly. Of the 54 teams, 8 of those include a child age 6 and under and there will be 15 teams with a 7 to 9 year old. Should be a lot of fun to watch!

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/2977

My son has played for ages and is my most frequent playing partner. My daughter threw for the first time recently and enjoyed herself. We have friends we throw with often here who bring their daughters out. My brother's children will also play some of the time when I'm visiting my hometown.

My daughter love discs and throwing them around in the yard, she knows the names to all of them and judges the stamps like an art critic.

I take her out about half the time, she's 6 and a full 18 is long for her still. She likes throwing off some tees and will always putt, but the shots in between get long for her.

She out threw my dad the other day by throwing a 200 ft roller down a hill. He only went about 185 and I've never seen our surly club president laugh so hard.

Usually play with my kids- since it's the only way I get out of the house that long- if I give my wife some quiet time. Son is getting his own bag on Wednesday for his second birthday with a dyed jade, diamond, fuse, and SS wizard. He's been stealing his 9 year old(as of today) sisters bag and discs, who got a dyed jade this morning. The girl usually gets occupied by something else in nature, but my son calls them like he sees them. He already will say "pretty shot" if it lands in the fairway, "ohhhhh!" If it hits the basket and doesn't got in, and you get a "not quite" if it goes in the rough. Here he is at Bradford a little while back

Hey I play with my seven year old boy a lot. I make it fun for him by giving him bigger par numbers i.e. par 3 hole is par 5 for him. He then gets bragging rights if I bogie and he "pars". He can hit 175+ feet if he gets a snap on it. Not bad for a scrawny kid.

I play some with my eight year old. I've set up a nine-hole loop for when we play - we spend as much time on the playgrounds as we do golfing.

He's not that good yet, but he did nail a twenty-foot putt last time out, throwing my 168g Medium Ridge.

I'm working on getting my 8 year old son interested. He's letting the fact that he's not immediately good frustrate him, but I'm working to get him over that. My 4 year old daughter is pretty enthusiastic about learning as well. Would be fun if I can get them both interested.

I have three,my youngest is 8, she is the one that always wants to go ride our bikes to the course. It's always more about the adventure than disc golfing. She always wants to throw a Buzzz.

Start 'em young moms and dads, start 'em young. Just don't be like too many organized sport parents I've seen who suck the fun out of it, by trying to push things down their throats.

Start 'em young moms and dads, start 'em young. Just don't be like too many organized sport parents I've seen who suck the fun out of it, by trying to push things down their throats.

Just have fun, you are just throwing flying discs in the woods. Keep it simple. You are right scarp.

Latest posts