• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone see the new KEEN shoe?

Looks nice and rugged. That should hold up in the woods.

My wife would kill me if I spent that much money on a disc golf shoe though.

those are ugly lol.....colorwise that is....I already have my merrels so hopefully im set for awhile!! I got this email yesterday though telling me about them

I've owned a few pairs of keens, i like their sandals a lot, but I'd never pay more than 60 for any pair of keens much less the dg shoe, the quality doesn't justify over 60

Yeah, i got the email yesterday. I wouldnt pay that much for any shoe personally.

I got mine Friday. So far I have about 6 rounds on them. Two of the rounds were in cold wet weather. I had some thick socks on and my feet staked warm and dry. The grip was fine, as good as any other new shoe. Keens run wide, a big plus for me, I've never been able to wear Merrill. I played with a 1000 rated guy who had a pair and his were already coming apart on the side. I'm normally hard on shoes so I'll see how long mine last.

I just got mine in the mail today. I wear a 13, it says the shoes run half a size small. The shoe feels snug. I honestly can't tell if it is too snug or not. My other shoes are not that snug, but maybe those are all too big....

No such thing as a 13.5 and I'm assuming a 14 is too big.

I wish I could try some 14's on though. Anyone else wear Keens in a 13?

Keen makes a great shoe. They're on my list too. I tend to drag my foot on the tee pad so the extended rubber on the toe really helps from having the sole fall off. I think I went through 2 pairs of trail shoes before finding and loving my keens.

I think Climo wears them for casual rounds as well as tourneys, so they can't be too bad. Personally, I'd take a pair of Merrills anyday over Keens though. My last set of hiking/golf shoes (Keens) didn't even last as long as my Sanooks did on the course.

Anyone else wear Keens in a 13?

I do. If you're going to get rid of them, I might be willing to take them off your hands. The thing is, I have a personal rule of never buying shoes I haven't first tried on, and I only buy them if they're perfectly comfortable in the store with the first wearing. I like to think that's why I have healthy feet.

Does anybody know of any retail stores where I could physically walk in and try these on? REI sells Keens, but it'll be at least a year or so before they'd be willing to consider selling such an untested model.

So I wore em on Saturday in a tourney, in the pouring rain.

Those shoes are amazing! I am a believer. I had to go in a puddle that went up to the laces to retrieve a disc. I was thinking. It's over, I'm gonna be miserable the next 16 holes. No way! At the end of the day no wetness in the shoes at all. I was shocked. Very comfortable. Yes, very expensive. But if they last a long time it's better than buying 2 50 dollar pairs in the same time.

I'm sold. I love the Milo!

Now I'm curious. What shape are your feet in? The balls of my feet are wide, but my heels are narrow (sort of like a duck's feet), so it can be tricky for me to find the right shoe. Otherwise my feet are healthy and normal, with good arches and no disfigurement or other kinds of problems.

For reference, not long ago I tried on those Five-Fingers shoes by Vibram, and they felt pretty good, but I'm not going to buy a pair of Five-Fingers this time of year. I also loved the Keen Bend, but they stopped making them so I replaced them with the Merrell Moab Ventillator. For hiking boots I can't imagine anything more comfortable than the REI Monarch. My first pair would have lasted more than a decade, but I stepped on a nail in them and destroyed the Gore-Tex lining. They're still wearable, but I want my hiking boots to be waterproof so I replaced them not long ago with the Monarch IV.

Last edited:
but what are they? what do they do?

the bumpers prevent holes from being worn in the toes. I have 2 pairs of normal shoes (sketchers and saucony) that I wore this year for DG.... they now both have massive holes in the left toe from dragging my foot on the follow through. Many DG'ers tend to drag the left foot to keep their balance (I didn't know I did this unitl I realized I was getting holes in only my left shoe).

edit: I'm a righty by the way

The Milo's are the basically the exact same shoe as the Wasatch WP's they already make and those have gotten really good reviews. I ordered my Milo's last week and Im excited to see how the will be when I get them.

I wear a 14W so it's tough for me to find any kind of footwear, let alone DG shoes. I have a pair of Teva hiking boots that are pretty light, have a Vibram sole, and are waterproof. It took a long time for them to break in, but as soon as they did, they feel amazing. The Vibram sole is clutch when playing rocky and/or uneven terrain and the waterproofing (not sure if it's Gore-Tex) comes in handy on mushy courses.

Latest posts