• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANYONE THROWN AN ARCHON??

Someone please enlighten me. What's the big deal about having multiple threads on the same topic? Really, is it that big of a deal. I'm not trying to be a smartass here. I really just don't get it. Maybe dude just didn't want to search?

Only hurts the poster if no one responds if they are looking for information its not like the wiseguys who spend all day posting wont mind getting a +1 to answer the same question. :hfive:

the wise guys choose not to waste time. It is easier to tell them to read what has already been written.

What you guys are bringing up about multiple threads on the same topic is a very good point. Yes it okay for Nubes to create new threads about a topic that already has most questions answered. However, you do want to have a definitive thread. New threads for are okay but you also want to have a successful general thread that answers most questions for devoted posters. So while I have no problem with multiple threads, a relatively new disc/topic should have few or one thread.

For ex. I love the fact that there's an ESP comet thread but I know to post in the comet love thread if I want my post to last.

maybe dgcr can start a disc review section/forum. that way if you comments on a particular disc, you go right to that forum, and we dont have to argue about new posts anymore, because when someone does create a thread about a forum that already exists, prerube can flame them big time for us.....how do i get the mods to see this post?

I'm gonna come back to the original topic at hand since I can care less how many threads there are about archons. I have a 2011 AM worlds CFR one and for me it flies very well...definitely a longer wraith or valkyrie so if you likes those you'll love an archon. One thing I've noticed is it can be turned over easier than a new wraith but when thrown right will S curve very nicely and can also be thrown on a frozen rope dead straight. Somebody asked for a comparison between the archon and a flow and I got to say there is no comparison at least not for me. I have a gold line flow which is fairly seasoned and I have to be very careful not to turn it over where as the archon can be more forgiving in that department.

I figured since it just came out not many people had THROWN them yet. I wanted testimonials on it's flight. I assumed that the other threads were all speculation and anticipation. Yes I know ASS-U-ME :\

I lost my beat Star Wraith @ Moraine State Park yesterday. Tried a spike hyzer on #7 over the trees, but alas the oncoming thunderstorm winds grabbed it and threw it into the thick brush/trees to the left. I have an Archon on the way, should it fly like a beat Wraith right away?

I don't know how a beat wraith flies as I've nvr thrown wraiths... does it fly a bit right and then come back???

'cuz that how my champy archon flies and damn it goes far.. so far I've got one out to 380' and as my furthest throw is 390' that's pretty damn amazing to me..

I have 3 champion Archons and threw them for a couple of hours in a field today (along with a bunch of wraiths and beasts). Archon flies very straight. At higher speeds it'll turn just a little, and flex back with gradual fade.

Actually I noticed a couple of times the Archon did two tight S turns? IS THAT POSSIBLE?! Were my eyes deceiving me? Compared to a Beast, it turns right earlier in it's flight. My Beasts often turn right late in flight. Definitely less radical than a Katana, with much tighter turns.

The only possible negative I'm noticing about the Archon, is that it tends to drop. I had to make more of an effort to get up high enough to work. I'm throwing mine out to around 360 or 370.

So far, I'm a big fan.

If it hinted at 2 S turns it was likely because of wind or occasionally a disc will do that as it goes off a big drop, but finishing right on the second turn (so really only 1.5 S turns in that case)

Is this gonna be the Archon thread???

At any rate, got my hands on some proto star Archons and threw them a bunch today. I was expecting flippy crap but they really impressed me. I actually do see the longer Valk comparison. As others have posted, they are super nose angle sensitive. Nose down and no OAT = bombs however. The turn they get is really smooth, unlike a Nuke turn, and the fade back is gradual and smooth as well. With most wide rims I find the need to give them height but the Archon seemed to provide its own lift so I could throw it level for tunnel shots no problem. The speed is about in line with a wraith.

Overall I may have a new wide rimmed driver. The steep shoulder may turn off some, but in my stubby fingered hand it actually became comfortable. I would heartily recommend this variant of the crap Vulcan.

Latest posts