• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Anyone use a DGA Aftershock?

No but I threw my sparkle a few times and it was very much like my Lat 64 core. If you want one in that kind of plastic the core is the only way to go (or another worlds sparkle)...don't think DGA has that plastic normally.

Oops did you mean Shockwave?

Bill, I'm curious, what would you think is Lat. 64's flagship disc? The one disc every Lat. 64 fan boy should own?

Bill, I'm curious, what would you think is Lat. 64's flagship disc? The one disc every Lat. 64 fan boy should own?

It really depends. I would personally say the Core because It is responsible for around half my shots but others would probably say the Striker or one of the newer ones.

I am just now dabbling into overstable discs and most of their discs are so who knows what I would like best. I have made some pretty killer shots with my Trident and of course I love the Vision but I have been turning it over so I need to re-learn how to throw it.

So...all that said, Core for me for sure.

I find this disc is very inconsistent. Only maybe 3/5 throws release well. Can throw my buzzz quite q bit farther as well. I just dont like the plastfor mid ranges. It is perfect for the drivers though, the Rogue has recently become my go to turnover driver. Awesome disc.

the aftershock flies very similar to the buzzz, i find thats its a little more inconsistent so i stopped throwing them and buzzzed it up

I'd love to hear any more about this disc if there's anyone else that's thrown them. There's a 1 disc challenge coming up where we have to use a dga aftershock from the players pack. I'm trying to get one via the marketplace to give it a few throws before signing up for the tourney, but I'd love to hear others input as well because I can't find flight ratings for it anywhere. From what I gather, it's somewhere between a buzzz and a wasp??

I know this question wasnt asked of me but I would say that the two flagship discs for Lat 64 have to be the Striker and Core. Both have made there way into my bag and both are exactly as advertised. The Striker being a longer, faster Teebird and the Core being a damn good midrange disc.

I have one of the sparkle plastic ones that I won at a disc golfer wedding for CTP. It flys kindof like a Roc, but slightly longer distance.

aftershock is like a wasp, the squall is most like the buzz in terms of DGA-discraft comparisons, the shockwave then is most like a drone. If you like DGA deffinantly try a Rogue its amazing, otherwise DGA's drivers the tsunami and riptide are like avengers and predators.

as for lat64s flagship driver its the Primitus, however the Core has become a big fan favorite...

just got an aftershock from another member here, and it definitely looks like it splits the difference between a wasp and buzzz. The buzzz was made by getting rid of the bead on the wasp, and the aftershock has a smaller bead than the wasp. I'm almost wondering if this isn't from one of the molds discraft made when trying to modify the wasp into the buzzz, because most (if not all) of DGA's discs are made from discraft molds with their plastic.

just got an aftershock from another member here, and it definitely looks like it splits the difference between a wasp and buzzz. The buzzz was made by getting rid of the bead on the wasp, and the aftershock has a smaller bead than the wasp. I'm almost wondering if this isn't from one of the molds discraft made when trying to modify the wasp into the buzzz, because most (if not all) of DGA's discs are made from discraft molds with their plastic.

have you hucked it yet?
i have 5 mids in my bag, i'd like to take my candy sparkle KC worlds one off the wall and throw it, but i dont think i need to, i think i have it covered with my other discs.

I threw the aftershock like $hit yesterday, but I'm not giving up on it, because I was throwing most of my mids like $hit yesterday too. The only mid that did what I wanted was the drone, but that is my go-to disc for most situations. I'm going to head to the park tomorrow for some practice with just mids because it was so horrible. I'm going to be toting all my mids to work on it, even going to be scavanging a few I throw from my wife's bag. Here's the bag I put together for this from least stable to most...

Comet: 3 discs, 1 is beat to $hit, 1 is my perfect ESP I carry, 1 is my wife's elite-x that is near perfect.

Buzzz: my 176 ESP, my backup 176 ESP FLX, my glow 176 ESP, my wife's Glow 176 ESP

Aftershock: 177g, not sure if it will find a home or not.

Wasp: my 177 ESP, and my 177 ESP backup

Drone: My 178 ESP FLX, my backup 177 ESP FLX , my second backup 177 ESP FLX, my newish 177 elite-z world's drone

Going to throw these back and forth between my practice pins for a few hours tomorrow, and hopefully settle things.

Last edited:
I threw the aftershock like $hit yesterday, but I'm not giving up on it, because I was throwing most of my mids like $hit yesterday too. The only mid that did what I wanted was the drone, but that is my go-to disc for most situations. I'm going to head to the park tomorrow for some practice with just mids because it was so horrible. I'm going to be toting all my mids to work on it, even going to be scavanging a few I throw from my wife's bag. Here's the bag I put together for this from least stable to most...

Comet: 3 discs, 1 is beat to $hit, 1 is my perfect ESP I carry, 1 is my wife's elite-x that is near perfect.

Buzzz: my 176 ESP, my backup 176 ESP FLX, my glow 176 ESP, my wife's Glow 176 ESP

Aftershock: 177g, not sure if it will find a home or not.

Wasp: my 177 ESP, and my 177 ESP backup

Drone: My 178 ESP FLX, my backup 177 ESP FLX , my second backup 177 ESP FLX, my newish 177 elite-z world's drone

Going to throw these back and forth between my practice pins for a few hours tomorrow, and hopefully settle things.

I feel you man!

I'm going to the practice field to test out my mids also.
3 Rocs
1 Buzzz
1Cro
1Drone
1Stingray
(RIP champion spider)
I gotta find the perfect team, I almost got it.

Last edited: