• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Appling or Augusta

It looks like I'm leaving PA on 12/29 and I estimate I will be in SC on 12/31.

re: Stoney Hill

Dec. 29-30 We'll be available. We're having an informal bring-your-partner doubles event on Dec. 29, with Dec. 30 a backup date if weather is bad. If it happens while you visit you can join---we play matchmaker---or just join a group and play solo.

Dec. 31 This date would be a little uncertain. If neither Chris or I are available, I could probably coordinate with someone local to meet with you. It's New Years Eve so someone's bound to be off work.

Jan. 1 Morning is available. The University of South Carolina plays its bowl game at 12:00 or 1:00; we'll want to be in front of a TV then or shortly later.

So here's the itinerary:

Day 1 - 12/29 - Westover Park in Harrisonburg, VA or Golden Hills in Blacksburg, VA.
Day 2 - Hornet's Nest and Nevin
Day 3 - Renny and Stoney Hill(?)
Day 4 - Steady Ed and Warner
Day 5 - The Sinks and HarmonHills or Warrior's Path
Day 6 - Golden Hills or Westover (whichever I didn't get on way down)
Day 7 - Paw Paw (x2), then home

Changes may occur depending on how much I drink on NYE and how long I hang with family in ATL

So here's the itinerary:

Day 1 - 12/29 - Westover Park in Harrisonburg, VA or Golden Hills in Blacksburg, VA.
Day 2 - Hornet's Nest and Nevin
Day 3 - Renny and Stoney Hill(?)
Day 4 - Steady Ed and Warner
Day 5 - The Sinks and HarmonHills or Warrior's Path
Day 6 - Golden Hills or Westover (whichever I didn't get on way down)
Day 7 - Paw Paw (x2), then home

Changes may occur depending on how much I drink on NYE and how long I hang with family in ATL

IDGC building and pro shop will be open 12/31 but closed 1/1/2013 just FYI in your planning. The courses are always open and there is a drop box for your greens fees.

Just checked my notes and Harmon Hills is private, oops! Trying to contact someone there now. Has anyone played both Harmon and Warrior's Path? Which do you prefer? Harmon has a much higher rating, but figured I would ask the group anyway.

Just checked my notes and Harmon Hills is private, oops! Trying to contact someone there now. Has anyone played both Harmon and Warrior's Path? Which do you prefer? Harmon has a much higher rating, but figured I would ask the group anyway.

You should know that Jerry Harmon passed away this year. Last I heard was that, with the efforts of the local club, the course is being kept open....but keep the circumstance in mind as you talk to the contacts, either in the club or his family.

David is correct, we are keeping the course open. Jerry may be gone (and GREATLY missed), but we will keep his dream going... so any and all are welcome to come play!

David is correct, we are keeping the course open. Jerry may be gone (and GREATLY missed), but we will keep his dream going... so any and all are welcome to come play!

God bless you all.

Anyway, to the subject, if I read that itinerary right you're planning to play Stoney Hill Monday afternoon? If so, I'll need to track down someone to meet you, and get you and him in touch with each other so you can coordinate it. We have a 1-round, 24-hole bring-your-partner doubles on Sunday afternoon; hopefully we won't have exhausted all the potential guides.

David,
Thanks. Hopefully you'll let me play even if nobody can show me around. (If it's possible without guidance) Otherwise, I'll just play another Charlotte course or maybe something near Augusta.

David,
Thanks. Hopefully you'll let me play even if nobody can show me around. (If it's possible without guidance) Otherwise, I'll just play another Charlotte course or maybe something near Augusta.

Hopefully there'll be someone around. I've put out a call for volunteers on our local club's Facebook page, and there's a possibility I'll be home, after all.

It can be rather confusing. There are two overlapping layouts, and the easier layout is in transition right now.

OK, I've got a guide lined up for Stoney Hill Monday afternoon. You can backspace the questionmark off your schedule.

You're quite welcome. I'm glad things worked out, regret that Chris or I couldn't meet you. Best of luck on the rest of your trip, though I guess today's weather in Augusta wasn't so swell.

Thanks to everyone for helping me have a successful trip. I squeezed in 12 courses over six days! Highlights of the trip were W.R. Jackson at the IDGC and Harmon Hills in Fall Branch, TN. Harmon Hills should be on everyone's wish list as that place is amazing.

oh yeah, the list looks like this:
Golden Hills, Nevin, Hornet's, RL Smith, Renny, Stoney Hill, Steady Ed, Jackson, Warner, Richmond hill, Harmon Hills, Westover Park

Thanks to everyone for helping me have a successful trip. I squeezed in 12 courses over six days! Highlights of the trip were W.R. Jackson at the IDGC and Harmon Hills in Fall Branch, TN. Harmon Hills should be on everyone's wish list as that place is amazing.

Totally. Harmon Hills is out of control. everyone needs to come to Tennessee and play there

oh yeah, the list looks like this:
Golden Hills, Nevin, Hornet's, RL Smith, Renny, Stoney Hill, Steady Ed, Jackson, Warner, Richmond hill, Harmon Hills, Westover Park
That's an impressive list.

Latest posts