• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

April 3 '10 Texas Hill Country Throwdown @ Boerne

MacGyver214

image001.jpg

image013.jpg

The 2010 Texas Hill Country Throwdown

The 2nd Annual Texas Hill Country Throwdown and the 2nd tournament in the 2010 Alamo Disc Series presented by DiscGolfStation.com is promised to be another great event. This is C-Tier PDGA sanctioned event.

Boerne, TX is home to the best 9 hole course in Texas. Designed by master course designer John Houck, the course is located at Boerne Lake Park and features a tremendous mix of holes. But wait there's more; We'll be adding 9 new holes to the park to make this a very fun and challenging 18 hole layout. This will be a 2 round, 36 hole format.

For more information contact the Tournament Director:

Scott Hougland
(210) 896-9498

To register online use the official online tournament registration service of the 2010 Alamo Disc Series, TitleDisc.

Amateur players are eligible for a player's pack. You must register & pay by March 31, 2010 to be eligible for the player's pack. Players that sign up the day of the event may not receive a full player's pack.

Cost:

Open $40

Advanced $30

Intermediate $25

Recreational $20

Optional $5 Ace Pot

Non-PDA Member Fee $10

Schedule

7:30 AM – 8:30 AM Late Registrations

8:45 AM Player's Meeting

9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Round 1 (18 holes)

12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch

1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Round 2 (18 holes)

4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Games & Awards

Can't wait for this event. It's going to be a lot of fun.

The course is great and I've played the temporary holes before and they are also fun, unique, and challenging. :hfive:

doublemint.jpg

Who: You & Your Partner
What: Best Shot Doubles
Where: Boerne Lake Disc Golf Course
When: Friday April 2, 2010 | Flex Start Between 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Why: Why Not?

Update:

The weather for this tounament is looking like it will be ideal. Sunny and in the 60's for the morning round and high 70s in the afternoon. Weather.com predicts winds of about 8mph which is relatively low for what we've been getting recently.

The water is way up on the lake and will be a factor on at least three holes. IMO this is a big plus because the couse was designed with this in mind and makes some shots more challenging and fun.

The new temporary holes for this tourney have been designed and they're really cool. There will be 3 holes that have significant elevation involved. Hole 13 is about a 600' foot hole that drives off of a dam with an elevation drop of 60-70 feet!!!

All I can say is that I am super stoked for this event and it's going to be a lot of fun! There will also be side events, CTP prizes, raffles, and lunch available on site (provided by EZ's hamburger restaraunt). Come on down for a really fun tournament!

Yea Boyyy!

I just signed up and ready to Rock. Ill be throwing in the Open Div.

See yall out there ready to throw and I cant wait this is going to be a blasty blast.

Tourney is already nearly completely full. Call the TD, Scott Hougland (210) 896-9498, to reserve your spot. QUICK!

Available Spots - Division
(2) - Open
(0) - Advanced Men - FULL WAITING LIST
(1) - Intermediate Men
(2) - Recreational Women
(3) - Recreational Men

Only a few spots left!
Men's Open, Advanced, and Rec are now wait list. Spots may open if other divisions don't fill.

UPDATED PLAYERS LIST

Available Spots - Division
(0) - Open - FULL WAITING LIST
(0) - Advanced Men - FULL WAITING LIST

(1) - Intermediate Men
(2) - Recreational Women
(0) - Recreational Men - FULL WAITING LIST