• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Archon super flippy? Are these flukes?

i have a 175 champ archon and its not very understable. champ plastic in max weight at mile high altitude all contribute to a little less turn. at 350 ft , it behaves more like a long t bird for me . i would think it can hold up to around 400 ft before you start to see too much turn? sounds like may be a little nose angle sensitive when ripping it low and fast. i do tent to throw a little high leaving room for turn and flex out on max distance throws. holds a nice line with minimal right drift and fades at the end for me. it also works well fh for me and get more of the s flight, but only cause my fh form is not so great and start the disc a little anny. i find it to be a very reliable disc recently and plan to spend more time with it in the near future. i will give it a rip on a 500 ft down hill tee next time and should see more turn in that situation. let you know how it gos. i also agrre with other poster on star wraith being too stable for me but dx wraith can get flippy. archon seems to be right between the two for me. i think a 165ish champ would be perfect around 350 ft.

I have tried a new 170 champ and a 175 black star halloween stamp since my last post. The original one I got was definitely a fluke. The new champ is flying like my terns, and the star is almost the same. I am keeping the star around to try in the bag some. Seems to have some promise as a low-height disc.

I took the Archon out of my bag for simple fact that well, it didn't fly to what I expected it to. I expected it kind of like a mix between a wraith and a katana. It just never really impressed me much and I didn't have a need to keep it in my bag either. I may stick it back in just to give it another chance, but I have never found a need for it on the course I play most often. It stays in my secondary bag to swap out if I find a hole to use it on during a tournament.

Latest posts