• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are grip eq's really worth it?

Yeah I'm loving my B15. It really is the perfect compromise between the C and A series. Holds roughly 20-21 drivers (18-20 with mids included) and comfortably fits 3 putters in the designated pocket. Having a 32oz bottle holder on both sides is wonderful and really should be standard on every backpack made. I am really glad about how much storage space there is. I can still fit a sweatshirt and pair of socks in one of the side pockets and easily zip it shut. Plus I have the other side for whatever else. But the best thing about the back pack (which what I can tell goes for all grips) is the comfort. I can carry a whole lot more in it than I ever did my over the shoulder bag and it feels like nothing. It definitely makes multiple rounds a breeze and I'm hooked for life. Thanks for all the feedback I'm glad I could join the grip club View attachment 54886

I have the same one. Love it. But I get 15 in the main, unless I cram. And cramming sucks. 5 drivers, 5 fairways, 5 mids, three putters up top. If I need more discs, I carry my Mahal. But I think 18, maybe 19, is really the limit.

The only reason that I carry a Grip is that it's the only bag out of 5 previous bags that I had (Lat Pro w/straps, Discarrier w/straps, Ranger, Lat Backpack, BigHyzer Ergo2) that does not hurt my back after a ton of DG. I have an AX15. I have no want to ever try another bag. So, for me, it's just about my back

I have the same one. Love it. But I get 15 in the main, unless I cram. And cramming sucks. 5 drivers, 5 fairways, 5 mids, three putters up top. If I need more discs, I carry my Mahal. But I think 18, maybe 19, is really the limit.

Yeah I only have a couple mids in my bag right now so that makes sense.

I picked up the C15 a few months back. I wish I would have spent the money a long time ago! Perfect size for me whether I'm playing casual rounds or competitive rounds. Worth every penny! FWIW, I bought a ranger bag first thinking it would be nice to have the extra storage. I realized quickly that I didn't really need nor want that much extra space. The bag didn't carry well when fully loaded and was too bulky when carrying just the essentials. Get a grip, you won't regret it!

There is no bag with a cool factor as great as Grip.
So even if you suck big time, when you walk by people, they go "whoa", like this guy does.

the-matrix-whoa.jpg

I carried a Grip bag for a while and they're really great bags. The only thing I didn't like on them is the storage situation: the upper pouch is great for small stuff like keys, phone, wallet, granola bar, etc. The two side pockets were the problem for me. They held a lot, but it was annoying to have to dig to the bottom of one side to get something...I called it vertical storage, where everything is on top of something else. I know the Lat bag is comparable and that thing will hold everything and anything you need. I also really love my Ranger bag, but there's no rainfly.

I would say the grip, flak, ergo, lat 64 luxury, and spinal tap are all on the same level, and all worth it. The ranger is the coolest looking but just not as good in quality and design compared to some the others.

I would say the grip, flak, ergo, lat 64 luxury, and spinal tap are all on the same level, and all worth it. The ranger is the coolest looking but just not as good in quality and design compared to some the others.
Speaking as an owner of a Lat 64 Luxury...

I do think the Grip bags seems to be a bit higher quality and are much less 'boxy' and 'bulky.' They just seem to fit more ergonomically. The stitching also seems cleaner on the Grips.

Not sure where Grip's bags are made (USA?) but I'd definitely put them a tiny step above what Latitude has.

With all that said... getting the Latitude bag was probably the best purchase I've made in disc golf. I have no idea how my back held up with those quad straps and FADE bag for so many years.

Latest posts