• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
I bought a red Octohaul and decided my bag should match, so I'm currently only bagging white/red/pink/orange/yellow discs. Prior to this bag it was a blag Grip and black Rebel and my discs were colored and organized Roy G Biv style.

Only time I like white is open courses in the summer. When playing in the woods, I actually find white (especially base line plastic) to be a real pain in the a$$ to find. All those white circles from sun light filtering through the trees on dirt fairways makes finding a seasoned KC Roc a bother at times.

On rocky courses too. I've been on a card where we've all pretty much stepped on the disc we were looking for without seeing it, as it was laying among rounded, disc sized, granite boulders.

Not picky, but I try and avoid red when possible because I am R/G colorblind. If something especially tasty crosses my plate (PFN Firebird) I will throw it anyway, but I try and avoid buying them new.

I pretty much only throw orange discs. I always have, always will. Super easy to see and it's my favorite color. Unless it has a cool dye any disc in my bag will most likely be orange.

Only time I like white is open courses in the summer. When playing in the woods, I actually find white (especially base line plastic) to be a real pain in the a$$ to find. All those white circles from sun light filtering through the trees on dirt fairways makes finding a seasoned KC Roc a bother at times.

I dislike anything dark; red, blue, purple and any earthy tone. I never buy these colors and when I come across one in trade, I always save them for winter.

Also, Nothing Tie-Dye!

Favorite colors are Orange, Light blue, Pink, light green and yellow. Pretty much anything that stands out.

I have a white disc I use even in winter, the Logo from a Tournament is big enough. I have two tie-Dye but one is white with a red plus sign so it works and the other has a red/orange dot circle in the middle so I have found it easy. Only color I wish all companies would stop is the Clear for the Champion/Z type plastic as it will hide in almost any situation.

11gqfwm.jpg

I know a few people of you weirdos like yellow but overall seems like it's not popular.

It always the last color to sell when I'm buying a disc online.

I know a few people of you weirdos like yellow but overall seems like it's not popular.

It always the last color to sell when I'm buying a disc online.

From the discs I order online, red and blue seem to be the last

I prefer white, as it's the color I can most easily spot on the course, but finding the weight I want sometimes compromises my preference in color.

My preference is for a variety of bright, easy to find colors. I try to avoid dark, harder to see on the course colors.