• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
11gqfwm.jpg

I dig the mono-orange! Thats a nice looking bag, also.

Not picky, but I try and avoid red when possible because I am R/G colorblind.

I am the same way. I have a buddy that throws nothing but red discs and its a pain when he loses one since I'm pretty useless in the search for it. I've been within 6 feet of his disc and can't see it in the grass unless I happen to look straight at it.

I'm slowly replacing my MVP molds with Axiom whenever possible to introduce the 'rainbow effect'. I have to admit that, all other things being equal, I enjoy sporting a stylish looking bag.

In general I try to keep my putters white/yellow

Everything else just needs to be bright...usually yellows, pinks, oranges, blues.

Pink and blue. In my experience it's the best to find in leaves and thick woods. Opaque Neon pink and light blues are ideal.

80-90% of my bagged discs are pink or blue.

But I'm not stupid... if a disc flies great or is perfectly seasoned in or if I want to try out a new mold I'll go with any other color then try to get that mold in pink or blue for the next ones if it becomes a staple in my bag.

Given the option I try to throw different but bright colours in.. I've got three MVP drivers all red and different molds, I drew the electrical symbols on the front to try and avoid mix ups. I do have a preference for the white ones they seem to mold up in a way I like but that color is reserved for my Inertia, Tangents and Vector. I like white but I won't purchase more I've got enough to pack a bag just with stormtroopers. The Axiom is nice for coloured rims in the deep bush.

Last edited:
I only bag discs in easy to find colors. Hot pink, bright yellow, fluorescent green, light blue, white. I avoid orange, which looks great until the fall, when it blends into the foliage. I made the mistake of buying a tie-dyed ROC3 once. Lost it the very first throw. I don't know what manufacturers are thinking with some of their colors.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

They were thinking people will buy the tie dye because it looks cool...then they will lose it...have to replace.....double profit!

That bag would drive me nuts!

I need different colors so I can easily reach into my bag and know what I'm getting without having to do secondary identification. Then again, my bag is never in the same order at the end of a round as it is in the beginning.

I have to keep bag the same or I have been known to grab a similar disc to the one I want but flies just enough different. I have grabbed my Pro Shark when I wanted a Magnet, then realized I had said disc went to do a practice putt motion without throw and ended up throwing the disc into the basket and only made it due to a wind gust otherwise high dump is what I would have had.

That bag would drive me nuts!

I need different colors so I can easily reach into my bag and know what I'm getting without having to do secondary identification.

I'm already nuts so no harm there.
You can see there is a variety of plastic types and shades of orange. Some even peach or salmon maybe - sometimes gotta stretch the color a little if you wanna make a one-color bag doable.
Seriously though, this is my regular bag and I KNOW each of these discs. Between wing shape and shade and its general location in the bag grabbing the wrong disc is rarely a problem.
Though it sure does get people talking and avoids anyone ever asking what color disc you threw.

I don't have any favorites...
I have a few colors i won't throw...
Tough to say no to a black disc with a rainbow stamp, but i won't throw it.

Not really a color snob, but I don't throw colors that are hard to find even in the fairway. Nice and bright colors for the most part, putting putters excluded. I also try not to throw white, because I cycle any white discs out in the winter (for obvious reasons)

Anyone that throws white in the winter will receive this comment from me: "I will help you look for a white disc once. You throw it again and you are on your own."

Orange is always the way to go! They look cool and they're bright enough to find when you accidentally hit that woodline...

I used to have a leopard and a thunderbird that were tie die and looked just like brown leaves. I can't tell you how much time I wasted looking for those in the woods. I mostly go for orange, pink and yellow now. I avoid anything to clear, green, or brown. I also don't have any white discs. I hated the color pink, but I can find them so easy, so I have a few now.