• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arkansas from TX

GMSdrum

Bogey Member
If I'm coming from Texas to play Arkansas, but am limited on time, should I go to the Hot Springs area or Fort Smith?

Also considering checking off Oklahoma on my state list - is there a better option than McAlester close to Arkansas?

Looking for variety as I'm not a pro and prefer scenery and aesthetic design over distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't played the Fort Smith area, but the Hot Springs course is awesome. If you're trying to play one course, it definitely won't disappoint. I've also heard good things about the courses in Arkadelphis, but never played them. You certainly won't be disappointed after playing those courses if it is enough to fill up your time frame.

If I'm coming from Texas to play Arkansas, but am limited on time, should I go to the Hot Springs area or Fort Smith?

Also considering checking off Oklahoma on my state list - is there a better option than McAlester close to Arkansas?

Looking for variety as I'm not a pro and prefer scenery and aesthetic design over distance.

Hi there-

It sounds like you are wanting to stay on the Western side of the state instead of venturing to the East side. Of course, I would recommend Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro, but that is a good trek from Texas.

If you are not wanting to drive to Jonesboro and looking for fun and beautiful setting, try Old Post and Pleasant View in Russellvile. Those two are right off I-40 and you could head toward Oklahoma from there. If that is still too far of a drive, Lower DeGrey Lake in Arkadelphia is an easy drive from Texarkana and is a fun little course.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Have Fun!

Brad

Latest posts