• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arkansas Noobie

mikeo

Hi, I'm not a noob to disc golf, started playing abt1990 in North little Rock , Ark @ Burns Park, old course but it's a good design with not much backtracking. Today I went to a course I've never been to before, two guys had just started the back nine and invited me to join. It just shows that disc golfers are cool people.

Mike in East End. :popcorn:

hello mike, I am mike from Conway, nice to meet yah. always nice to see a fellow Arkansan on here, there is not many of us. welcome to the forum

Welcome to the site! I've met many friends playing disc golf.

Thanks for the welcome, I try to play at least once a week, Morehart, if you need to practice around trees, and Hindman park 9 holes once around par four and fives, walk around again for the par three.

Thanks, the course I play is nine holes, walk around again for nine more, I'm thinking of getting a red disc to go with my blue disc, that way I can shoot the par 4 or 5 with blue then while I'm there play the par 3, with the red disc... any suggestions?

Mike

Hey Mike:

I was just out your way and wanted you to know that Cedar Glades in Hot Springs was just fantastic. I'm gonna post a review of it soon, but if you're up that way, you should absolutely check it out.

Like you, I'm a newbie, and I have to say, it's the best course I've played since I started.

Have fun!

Thanks, I'll have to check it out, Hot Springs is about a 40 minute drive from my place, I see your from Cali, Did you get over to the Dimond mine also? I haven't been this summer yet. ..

P.S my cousin pitches for Oakland. .

Last edited:
Small world... I'm going to be in the Little Rock area from the 8th of Nov to the 16th if you want to meet and greet for a round. I'd love to have company in a new and foreign place!

Thanks, the course I play is nine holes, walk around again for nine more, I'm thinking of getting a red disc to go with my blue disc, that way I can shoot the par 4 or 5 with blue then while I'm there play the par 3, with the red disc... any suggestions?

Mike

Good plan. Red discs are known to be much better for par 3's, but blue discs are usually slotted for par 6 or 7. I'd try either a tie-dye or pink disc for those par 4's and 5's.

Good plan. Red discs are known to be much better for par 3's, but blue discs are usually slotted for par 6 or 7. I'd try either a tie-dye or pink disc for those par 4's and 5's.
:clap::hfive:

WHAA?????? I didn't think fellow Arkansas Discers existed on DGCR!! I'm in Arkadelphia, I frequent the Lower Lake DGC, DeGrat State Park Course, and another one or two randoms. I'll be in LR this weekend at Burns for the state Doubles Championships!

If any of you guys are ever around Arkadelphia or Caddo valley shoot me a PM and I'll show ya around! Even if you aren't playing it would be cool to come out to Burns Saturday or Sunday just to get an idea of what happens of the Arkansas DG scene!

Small world... I'm going to be in the Little Rock area from the 8th of Nov to the 16th if you want to meet and greet for a round. I'd love to have company in a new and foreign place!

I looked at your profile Jeronimo, I would be glad to play a few around, PM me or write on my wall in November.

Mike in Little Rock....

:clap::hfive:

WHAA?????? I didn't think fellow Arkansas Discers existed on DGCR!! I'm in Arkadelphia, I frequent the Lower Lake DGC, DeGrat State Park Course, and another one or two randoms. I'll be in LR this weekend at Burns for the state Doubles Championships!

If any of you guys are ever around Arkadelphia or Caddo valley shoot me a PM and I'll show ya around! Even if you aren't playing it would be cool to come out to Burns Saturday or Sunday just to get an idea of what happens of the Arkansas DG scene!

Saturday is not good for me, I'll try and come over Sunday, I'm in a black Mustang.

Mike