• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arkansas Spring Fever $5000 Ace Throw 0ff

NPCTour

Birdie Member
NPC ARKANSAS SPRING FEVER 2011
Burns Park, North Little Rock
March 19, 2011
Courses: Blue and Red
Tournament Director: Doug Trantham
Entry:
All Professionals: $50
Advanced: $40
Intermediate: $30
Recreational, Novice, Juniors: $20
*All Amateurs will have a choice of an INNOVA Champion Disc or Gateway HPP Disc for their players pack plus other goodies.
$15 Value (All Amateurs leave with a nice premium disc)
$3 optional ace pot
Deductions: All Professional Divisions: $2 National Players Challenge Fees
$2 Southern Nationals Fees
Amateurs: Players Pack and Fees
$5,000 ACE THROW-OFF!
Available to all entrants ONE THROW, ONE CHANCE!
$20 Hole Sponsorships are available (this will give you one ticket into the $100 Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing)
ALL WOMEN! BRING ALL TELL ALL, YOUR ENTRY GIVES YOU A CHANCE TO WIN A WOMAN ONLY BONUS PACKAGE! Provided by the National Players Challenge
FRIDAY Pre-Registration all day until dark
Bring your partner Doubles Pro/Am $20 per team (Blue Course) (No professional will be allowed to pair up with an amateur and compete in the Amateur doubles)
SATURDAY
7-9:15am Registration
9:30am Players Meeting
10:00am Tee-Off
Lunch 1 hour after last card is in
EVENTS
Putting Tournament Pro/Am (Qualify for finals all day Friday, Saturday Morning, and During Lunch) Top 7 players plus ties with highest score will make the Finals (Held after awards)
Amateurs will have 3 stations 20ft, 30ft, and 40ft
Professionals will have 3 stations 30ft, 40ft, and 50ft
As always, this is a public park pleae reframe from consuming alcoholic beverages especially during the round or bringing in illegal substances, this WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT. Please take care of those things outside of the tournament and do not put me in a situation that I don't want to be in.
Email: [email protected]

UPDATE! The $5000 ACE THROW OFF HAS BEEN UPGRADED! No matter how many ace's are made, each ace will receive $5000! That's right, everyone gets a chance to have $5000! You must agree to being filmed prior to your throw. The hole will be #17 Burns Park Blue Course!

Putting Competition: This will be a $100 Cash prize for both Pro's and Am's
Broken Down like this: Top 7 players make it into the finals, Top 3 players with most points in finals will get paid.

Available to all Players and Staff
Qualify anytime on Friday or Saturday morning or during lunch: Unlimited tries
Buy-In: $5 gets each player 9 throws (3 throws from each station) Amateurs 20ft, 30ft, 40ft
Professionals: 30ft, 40ft, 50ft
Top 7 Highest Scores plus ties get into the finals
Payout: Guaranteed $100 for each division Professionals and Amateurs
1st: $50
2nd: $30
3rd: $20

*All points count only on made shots.
*Must take 3 throws from each station.

20ft = 20pts
30ft = 30pts
40ft = 40pts
50ft = 50pts

I will be there. Sounds like it will be great! Gonna start practicing for a run at 17, usually that is a hole to play safe on since its surrounded by OB on 3 sides.

The current sponsors for this event are:

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Reedefining Carpet Cleaning
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale

Remember $20 Hole Sponsorships are availbale, this will put you into the $100 Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing!

Also, All women players will be placed in their own Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing. This box will be filled with various Non Disc Golf Related and Disc Golf related products/goodies!

Contact me do get your name in the drawing!

[email protected]

Both courses at Burns Park are set up for this event. That gives you one month to practice!

Remember women, you have a special disc golf bonus drawing for you to enter once you sign up. Your name will be placed in a pot to be pulled. This package will have disc golf and non disc golf related items in it.

Also, I will be taking up orders for lunch at registration at the event or pre-orders would work great!

Lunch will be 4 slices of pizza and a drink for $5. This will only be offered at registration or pre-registration. So get your name in and seal your pizza!

I had some questions about this $5,000 ACE Throw-Off that I needed to clear up.

Do we throw after the rounds are over or during the round?
During Round One, when you get to hole #17 Blue course, you will have your chance to throw one shot for your ace run.

What if an ACE isn't hit, do we have a throw-off for the money?
If an ACE isn't hit, not throw-off will occur. No ACE, No Money....sorry.

What if TEN players hit an ACE, what happens then?
If TEN players make an ACE, all TEN players will receive $5,000 a piece! No splitting the pot!

How can I sign up for this ACE Throw-Off?
You are automatically entered once you register to play in the event. No extra money to enter.

What about the standard ACE POT?
There will be a standard ACE POT offered at the registration. No ace hit from it, we will have a throw-off after awards ceremony.

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale
John Kittrell
Diamond State Disc Golf Association
McAlisters (Russellvile, Ar)

Remember $20 Hole Sponsorships are availbale, this will put you into the $100 Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing!

Also, All women players will be placed in their own Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing. This box will be filled with various Non Disc Golf Related and Disc Golf related products/goodies!

Contact me to get your name in the drawing!

[email protected]

A lunch will be offered for this event. This will be PIZZA for the day. 4 slices of pizza and a drink for $5 available at registration. Make sure you pay for the pizza before the round starts and sign up, I will only order to what is purchased.

While you are enjoying this pizza, you can attempt to qualify for the putting tournament and make the top 7 players in either amateurs or professionals.

See you there.

Also, if you are planning on coming to this event, please reply to this thread and let me know. I am trying to get an idea of how many to expect here.

Thanks

Hmm, Never had pizza between rounds of disc golf. Sounds cool though, can't wait! It will be my first Saturday off from work in a couple months.

I heard that #1 Blue is in the short; I like that position a lot better than the long. I think its more fair for that AMs at least in that position. I am getting my roller ready for #14 Blue. That's the best way to sneak by the trees IMO to that right pin position.

Just a heads up to a question. The bring your partner doubles on Friday show up with your partner and you cannot start until another team is ready. You start the round and bring your scorecard in. We will place the scores on the board and have the awards Saturday afternoon after the tournament.

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale
John Kittrell
Diamond State Disc Golf Association (North Little Rock, Ar)
Steve Allen
Wildcat Disc Golf Club
River Valley Disc Golf Association (Russellville, Ar)
Causey 3

[email protected]

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale
John Kittrell
Steve Allen
Wildcat Disc Golf Club
River Valley Disc Golf Association (Russellville, Ar)
Causey 3
Dylan Gustus

[email protected]

Anyone coming to this event? I have had many golfers from the border of this state tell me they are coming. So far we are looking at about 70+ players attending. Looking forward to it!

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale
John Kittrell
Causey 3
Steve Allen
Wildcat Disc Golf Club (Hot Springs, Ar)
Dylan Gustus
River Valley Disc Golf Club (Russellville, Ar)
WAFDA (Western Arkansas Flying Disc Association)

Remember $20 Hole Sponsorships are available, this will put you into the $100 Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing!

[email protected]

Also, (WAFDA) is donating a FREE entry into their extremely popular Alma Greens tournament June 25 one day Saturday only event in Alma, Arkansas. This is truely a great event to attend over the summer. It usually is a PDGA B-Tier.

I am not sure how we are going to give this out yet, but somebody will take it home with them. I can't wait!

We are looking at a great amount of pre-registered verbal commitments to this event.

I've had over 70+ players tell me they are coming. Get ready for a great time. Who knows.......someone could walk away with $5,000 from the ACE Chance!

Gateway Disc Sports
Innova
Altura Graphics
Abby Road
Joe Jones
Bill Trousdale
John Kittrell
Causey 3
Steve Allen
Wildcat Disc Golf Club (Hot Springs, Ar)
Dylan Gustus
River Valley Disc Golf Club (Russellville, Ar)
WAFDA (Western Arkansas Flying Disc Association)
Jonesboro Disc Golf Club
Brian Mask and Scottie Robinson

Remember $20 Hole Sponsorships are available, this will put you into the $100 Disc Golf Bonus Box Drawing!

[email protected]

I just placed my trophy order!

We will have a 1st place trophy for the following divisions:

Men Pro Open, Men Pro Masters, Men Pro Grandmasters, Advanced Men, Intermediate Men, Juniors

Top 2 Trophies go out to the Women (considering I have no idea who all will show, I decided to give a 1st and 2nd trophy out to the top 2 women) Also, all women competitors names will be placed in the (Just for women Bonus Box!) This will be around $50-$100 in bonus perks!

Top 3 Trophy goes out to the Junior Division ( I will have a good group of Juniors at this event, I hope we can get some from out of town!)

Also, I ordered a Top Trophy for the Professionals in the putting contest and a Top Trophy for the Amateurs putting contest.

I look forward to see you all there. It seems that the weather is going to look good as of right now. Cross the fingers!