• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arroyo Disc Golf Basket

Have an option of buying a used Discatcher but still holding out! Have these things gone into production and does anyone else have them yet?

What I was curious was the durability of the baskets. We have tweekers all over our park. Recycling anything they can carry.

Cheers - Koffee

Last edited:
Latest info is that cost for powdercoating a 2-color basket will be higher than the $12-16 quoted for a 1-color basket. Waiting to hear back on specifics. Things are on schedule there for production and we should be able to order soon. Still waiting to hear an official price for us (hopefully tritpens will help us out!). Here is the latest pic Logan sent me of their powdercoating.

vortexred1.jpg

Here's my only issue. I don't want something in my back yard that catches better than what I see on courses. I'd love to see these on a course (assuming they really DO catch better), but when I practice, I'd rather have something that is less forgiving than what I see during the game.

Sort of like warming up with extra bats...

Here's my only issue. I don't want something in my back yard that catches better than what I see on courses. I'd love to see these on a course (assuming they really DO catch better), but when I practice, I'd rather have something that is less forgiving than what I see during the game.

Sort of like warming up with extra bats...

Stan McDaniel related the same feeling to me when I told him about these baskets. I don't feel the same way though. I want to build confidence and learn to repeat my putting form. I know well enough whether a putt is likely to catch on just about any given basket immediately after it leaves my hand. Plus I already have a discatcher sport if I ever actually wanted to practice putting softly at a single chain configuration.

Having a Vortex just means that I'll have to pick up less discs saving my back and allowing for more practice in the long run. Also I feel strongly about supporting this company and their efforts in the hopes of seeing more of their baskets on courses in the long run!

So in talking with someone from Innova it turns out powdercoating the pole may not be such a great thing after all. It appears the impact from the chains and ring at the bottom of the chains hitting the pole cause it to take a beating pretty quickly.

Those of us ordering may want to reconsider having the pole powdercoated. I'll ask Logan if he has tested/noticed this. Still waiting to hear back on a firm price, be patient!

Ok so I got to see some baskets first hand today that had powdercoated poles. Looks like it definitely wears off due to the chains hitting it. Basically left the top 6 inches of the pole looking good and all of the pole below the basket was fine but the rest was silver with some paint hanging on it. Not too pretty. I am now unrecommending having the pole powdercoated (which will make most everybody's a 1-color basket saving money).

It doesn't look like you can get any glow pigments in the powdercoating but they are doublechecking to be sure.

I have still been in contact with them but have not heard any details about ordering, specific pricing, or actual ship dates. I'm sure they are extremely busy ramping up production so I am trying to be patient!

Laughed so hard, I almost had Rogue Dead Guy coming out of my nose! I'm referring to jeffmonty's little remark on the vortex bottle.

Last edited:
wow, almost 2 weeks and not a response about the glow in dark pigment. they sure do care about potential sells. it does not take that long to call the painter and get info.

You could get reflective vinyl to put on the target area that would be better than powder coating... should be available at most sign shops.

I'm interested in being a part of this order. I can't guarantee yet because it's quite pricey but if you could put me down tentatively that'd be great.

Latest posts