• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Artificially breaking in discs

Rubber mallets work wonders. Don't be gentle.

that sounds way easier i was going to try and use a bead blast and see if the results are natural or not. was going to use kc pro roc.

i wonder how to test this naturally???? as in which method works best for lower i a disc on the sleepy scale.

i'll try remove flashing and rubber mallet on a disc i don't care about. or hell maybe if it works i'll do it with some high end disc.

What are you doing trying to break in an already understable disc listening to me anyway? I guess I forgot to add this to my post. :|

Thanks guys. I guess I'll stick to skip/spike hyzer/tomahawk shots on the sand field. Don't want to take any tools to them or any of the more goofbally ideas :D I want to throw them, but to inflict consistent damage while doing so. Ergo sand field. The putting thing might be fun, I'm out every other day practising putts anyway. BTW, when I started DG 4 years ago, I used to putt with a Star Valkyrie...;)

Throw a second drive every now and then with discs you don't throw often, but would like to break-in/get familiar with. That way you are learning the disc itself, and hitting trees every now and then.

Disregard this if there is a group behind you (obviously)

Chain link fences works perfect. Won't give you nasty gouges (well DX maybe), and breaks in a disc nicely

aj

Play disc golf with it, just it for a round or two. Then with the time you saved, you can focus on getting rich quick.