• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Ascent a good repleacemnt for the Banshee?

AcornRadio42

Bogey Member
I just lost my banshee and was going to buy a replacement but then i saw the flight numbers for the ascent on disc golf center and it seems like it would be a good replacement?

thank you. any other good counterparts to the banshee. i have a firebird and a predator but i cant throw them well enough yet

Is it a DX Banshee? an Ascent may be like a beat dx banshee, but it can not compare to a champ banshee

Pred and firebird too overstable for you?

The EXP

But you can only get them in Pro plastic so they won't be all that OS

Was the banshee not doing something you wanted?

Why not just get a new champ banshee?

i had a dx banshee for a while that i loved but when it got too beat in i started i got an 11x kc pro banshee but i could never get the distance i could get with the dx on a hyzer. im just open to trying new discs so i was seeing if there were any good comparable discs.

i had a dx banshee for a while that i loved but when it got too beat in i started i got an 11x kc pro banshee but i could never get the distance i could get with the dx on a hyzer. im just open to trying new discs so i was seeing if there were any good comparable discs.
Sounds like your best bet is another DX Banshee and just accept that you'll need to replace them every once in a while. You could also beat up that KC Pro until it gets to where you had the DX. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sounds like your best bet is another DX Banshee and just accept that you'll need to replace them every once in a while. You could also beat up that KC Pro until it gets to where you had the DX. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i lost the kc pro so im going to have to fix it.

im gonna try the champion banshee and if that doesnt work im probably going to cycle in dx banshees

I replaced my banshee with a Trident. Not an exact match since the trident seems way more overstable, But I never threw the banshee for distance. I have a beat X Pred that flies like my banshee in longer distances.

I think you already have a good solution though.

i lost the kc pro so im going to have to fix it.

im gonna try the champion banshee and if that doesnt work im probably going to cycle in dx banshees

If you want the Ch. Banshee to fly similarly to your DX Banshee that you liked, you'll probably want to try one a good 10 grams lighter than you were throwing. A max weight banshee can be pretty beefy.

If you want the Ch. Banshee to fly similarly to your DX Banshee that you liked, you'll probably want to try one a good 10 grams lighter than you were throwing. A max weight banshee can be pretty beefy.

wish i would have seen this 10 minutes earlier. just bought a 175g banshee. hope this works well for me

it's gonna be beefy

I don't know what you normally throw for weights and distances

but I use 175 CE EXP1s for FH, OH and short BH duties (the 1.7 run)

and I use 167 CE EXP1s (1.6 mold) for BH distance duties...straight, with healthy fade, holds up to a decent head wind for shaping

I can throw the 167 about a third further than I can throw the 175

Latest posts