• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Gateway!

chainsmoker said:
I've been throwing a green one like you have in the picture and it's been pretty good, it weighs 175 and has a slight dome.
( I didn't like the really flat ones)When I throw it hard and flat it has a slight turn and a moderate fade. I do really like the feel of the plastic, it's stiff with some grip. My distance driver of choice has been pro Destroyers and both the Samurai and Slayer are slightly longer with the Samurai having about the same flight path of the pro Destroyer and the Slayer being more HSS.

I carry two slayer's and two samurai's. The Slayers are my straight'sih to slightly overstable drivers and the samurai's are my understable distance drivers. From the feel of this particular plastic mix, it should hold up for quite some time. I really think a Samurai in this mix would be the shiznit.

Are the Slayers that are marked first run the same plastic as the Samurais? The onlyGateway stuff I see locally are putters. :|

chainsmoker said:
Are the Slayers that are marked first run the same plastic as the Samurais? The onlyGateway stuff I see locally are putters. :|

I don't know for sure, but I would dare to say no. The first run Slayers that I had were a bit more brittle than the current runs of Samurai plastic.

The Gateway FB page has some new Apaches that look like the same plastic, if you throw Apaches they sound like they would be nice.

I don't throw Apaches but the plastic looks good. I'm going to get another Slayer so I can work on them in the the field, I'm going to go with Slayer and Samurai for awhile as my high speed drivers.

chainsmoker said:
I don't throw Apaches but the plastic looks good. I'm going to get another Slayer so I can work on them in the the field, I'm going to go with Slayer and Samurai for awhile as my high speed drivers.

I would put the slayer/samurai combo up against any other high speed driver combo from any other manufacturer in the market right now.

As for the apache, it is a pretty versatile mold...especially in the this new plastic. When thrown flat, it will fly straight and then have a gentle fade out. To me it is what a Teebird mashed together with a Wraith would be. It powers down nicely without losing the forward penetration, so it will glide down to finish instead of just dumping out and to the ground. I think if this is going to be the mix that they are going to go with for future runs, then I would adjust the flight numbers a little bit. On the Innova scale, I would go 9/6/-.5/+1.5.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Assassin will make a triumphant return to normal production in the upcoming months. And hopefully it won't be the super domey version or the pancake flat version. I want them to be similar in nature to the first runs.

In the field I am getting the same flight pattern with my Slayer/ Samurai combo as I am with champion Destroyer/ pro Destroyer combo just a little longer and a little more forgiving. I might pick up a lighter Slayer and see how it works, maybe I could just go all Slayers.
Is Gateway able to make the Assassin or the Diablo Dt out of regular Evolution plastic? I really like both of those molds but have never been a fan of the plastic.

To my understanding the Assassin and Diablo have to be ran in the E plastic that is similar to elite-x style because of the weighting issues. The slayer may work its way to my primary distance driver once I get one worked in a little bit more. It is sneaky long.

As for lighter slayers, I have seen them in 130g weights even :D

The picture of the new run of Apaches on the Facebook page is really nice.

Flipflat said:
What's up with Dave going tweet crazy? Hippy+technology=annoying
I just checked that out, it gave me a headache. Gateway does pretty good on Facebook.

I picked up an Evolution Slayer theat is opaque light blue, It looks like normal evolution if there is such a thing. I haven't thrown it yet and probably won't throw it this week but it looks super nice.

I've got a Bullseye Basket coming my way. Has anyone used these as practice baskets and if so has it improved your putting??

Steady 26542 said:
I've got a Bullseye Basket coming my way. Has anyone used these as practice baskets and if so has it improved your putting??

It's a great idea, and a solid basket. Of course if you have a regular basket you could always do something like Paul McBeth in the following video, and put a belt around the chains to narrow the catching area...

The basket is real interesting. I find myself throwing a bit harder and lower now. Anything high and unless it's dead center it deflects out. Same shot a bit lower and it stays in. I like it!! 8)

I bought an S Chief a couple months ago and I absolutely loved it at first. I was throwing it BH and FH equally well and loved its stability for both. Fast forward a few tree hits and it's pretty understable now. If Dave runs the Chief in Evolution HPP, it'll go straight into my bag. I'm done with the S plastic version though.