• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Gateway!

anyone got any hop speed demons 158 - 165? the newer ones with the "l" type wing, i.e. not concave but a straight bottom part of the wing?

also looking for s demons 160ish

thanks

Hi,
I use a couple of sss Wizards.. Unfortunately yesterday I threw one into a nice big pond. Anyways I do love my triple s's, the grippyness to them while being pretty rigid. But as I was shopping for another one I noticed the new plastic type RFF in the 0-1 range. This sounds intriguing to me. I guess I'm just wondering if they're stickier while sill being at least a little rigid? Or are they floppy in the hand? I also read what you wrote previously about the color mattering and how they should all be white. So I'm deciding between a new white sss wizard. Or a light blue RFF wizard. Anything you can tell me about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I know this thread is more or less dead, but wanted to throw a few kudo's out to Gateway for a couple of pretty good disc's. The Samurai and the Mystic are both pretty good offerings. The Samurai, if you can get used to the "bead" on the wing, is a pretty good disc. Flight-wise, it has some initial turn and a hard late fade on the end. Reminds me of a Nuke SS in the first part of its flight, but in the late half, it is more like a Destroyer. The mystic is a pretty solid straight to slightly understable mid. The one thing that it does lack is glide. I would say that it is a notch less than a buzzz in the glide department. For some odd reason, it kind of reminds me of a Fuse a little bit. Very easy to control and works wonders in the woods.

We use Elements in our kids program; we got some in the Spring and we just ordered a bunch more and they didn't say anything about not being able to fill that. So I think they do. All we ever get is LW S Elements, so I can't be sure.

i got a bunch of LW scouts and wizards for a 8=12 year old class i taught at the end of school. the kids loved the discs and i have seen several of the kids at the park playing. Gateway gave me a good deal on the disc so i was able to keep the cost of the class really low.

Yes you can still get elements. But with the creation of the Mystic, I could easily see them phasing out the element in the future. About the only reason I would ever throw an element over a mystic would be the glide difference. But a Scout could easily fill that "glidey" midrange.

Just got a Gateway disc through an eBay auction and couldn't find any information on it. I was wondering if someone might be able to help. It's the Evolution Pro-Line plastic (which has a great feel in my hand, pretty domey) and is a "long straight driver". It says G1i but there aren't any current names that are in the Gateway lineup. On the bottom is is marked E, 175g, and Fx. I was curious if this was an early disc, prototype, or model of a current disc. Thanks in advance for any help!

ferretdance03 said:
I believe the G1i was/is the Sabre. Pretty sure I have a couple with that stamp on them.

Thank you, this was what I was expecting. Hopefully field-testing it this weekend will be able to get some flight characteristics sorted out.

Did the Magic change since the protos? I just got from the Altitude sale and these fly damn near like Warlocks. I wanted these for approach and jump putts, but they are way more stable/overstable than what I was wanting.

aerodriver said:
Just got a Gateway disc through an eBay auction and couldn't find any information on it. I was wondering if someone might be able to help. It's the Evolution Pro-Line plastic (which has a great feel in my hand, pretty domey) and is a "long straight driver". It says G1i but there aren't any current names that are in the Gateway lineup. On the bottom is is marked E, 175g, and Fx. I was curious if this was an early disc, prototype, or model of a current disc. Thanks in advance for any help!

It is a Sabre Fx...A stabilized version of the Sabre with a lot more HSS.

Fx stands for fixture. They cool them on a fixture of some sort so they form up different.

dgdave said:
Did the Magic change since the protos? I just got from the Altitude sale and these fly damn near like Warlocks. I wanted these for approach and jump putts, but they are way more stable/overstable than what I was wanting.

I'm gonna retract this a bit. After a couple rounds, the new wore off and these are damn near perfect for what I was wanting. Very little flip, tons of straight glidey flight. They fly the way I always wanted the Magic and summit to fly.

I just got in 2 G9i wizards new the new neon colorant. Hot damn, these may be the 2 nicest wizards I've ever held. They molded up just about perfect, bright ass day glo yellow, and stiff with just the tiniest hint of grippy. Can't wait to toss them.

Few years back, GW tried to name there discs like golf clubs ie- wiz was g9i(9 jron) demon g6i 6 iron), Sabre -g1i (1 iron) etc. This new run is them trying to recreate the G9i runs of wizard which was one of the best ages of wizard.

I sent them an email just now and I'm looking to get a Bullseye basket for my basement for the winter, and it comes with six free discs. I putt with a Medium Wizard now so I'll see about getting six to ten of the G9i and just putt with them all winter. Maybe I'll get a few slightly softer ones too.

Latest posts