• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

At what distance would you be content with throwing?

At what distance would you be content with throwing?

Votes: 13 4.6%

Votes: 8 2.9%

Votes: 49 17.5%

Votes: 24 8.6%

Votes: 71 25.4%
  • 425 plus

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • I am content with my current distance

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters
Every time I've reached a distance goal, I've set another. I'm happy with my distance now, but I'm still working on my form and trying for more distance when I have time to do field work. If I can throw 400' with drivers, I want to throw 400' with mids. When I get there I'll want to get 400' out of putters. If I get there I'll probably set a new goal.

It's also a little silly to act like working on distance is mutually exclusive of working on putts and approaches, I have a totally separate set of goals there that I work on.

The title says where I would be content, so I would say in the 400' range, as in if that's the farthest i'll ever be able to throw I'd be happy. I'd RATHER be able to throw farther and if I could one day then i'll be ecstatic. Currently I can only throw about 325' consistently on the course and I'm not exactly content with that.

I am content. Now to get my wind game back. I got torn up once or twice off the tee tonight. Fwiw I can throw further than 425' flat ground no wind.

I definitely would like to throw longer but that comes from practice and field work. I can throw my speed 10 SL around 300, if everything goes well. I just have to put in the work. No excuses!!! I need to get my friend to bring his Go Pro with him the next time we play. That way, I can get a better idea of what's going right and what's going wrong.

My goal this year is to get consistent with getting out to 350'. I have hit it, but not on a regular basis. Ultimately though, I would love to hit 400'. I've had back problems my whole life, and 40 is coming up quicker than I would like, so 350' may be my number ultimately. We'll see how much yoga helps my back, and if I can be dedicated enough to keep up the practice.

Wanna see a 500'+ drive? Check out the 18min 40sec mark of this video.
http://youtu.be/_PTfnfQ3nU0

Ricky Wysocki airs one out to about 475' on flat ground with little/no wind and a teepad that's elevated four feet.

If Ricky can do it (a touring pro who has posted ranked rounds near 1100, at/near the peak of his game, injury-free, physically fit, coached, using equipment that compliments his throwing characteristics), why can't I?

Reality bites. I've thrown my heart out on the very same hole in this video. Maybe a few times have I been close enough to spit on the 400' sign.

On disc golf lines, I backhand in the lower 500s and forehand in the upper 400s. Accuracy trumps distance, so I focus primarily on that. I have never measured my throws on pure distance lines before, perhaps I should do that...

I can break 400+ ft consistently with big boy drivers.

That's not what I really focus on though. I work on pushing my distance with putters and mids while still remaining accurate. If you can achieve that, then big distance with a Destroyer like disc shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Right now? I'd like to reliably be able to hit 300.

But it'd be neat if I could do 400 someday. If only to carry around some big boy drivers that actually do something for me.

On disc golf lines, I backhand in the lower 500s and forehand in the upper 400s. Accuracy trumps distance, so I focus primarily on that. I have never measured my throws on pure distance lines before, perhaps I should do that...

Awesome! Have any vids of either/both at those distances?

Poll isn't specific enough. I voted for 325', because if I could throw 325' with absolute pinpoint accuracy, I could beat most people who can throw 450' on the few holes where you get to bomb.

I top out around 410' of real disc golf distance, but I'd rather be superbly accurate at 300' any day.

Poll isn't specific enough. I voted for 325', because if I could throw 325' with absolute pinpoint accuracy, I could beat most people who can throw 450' on the few holes where you get to bomb.

I top out around 410' of real disc golf distance, but I'd rather be superbly accurate at 300' any day.

It should read, at what distsnce would you be content with being able to throw on any given day. As in consistently not mad distance.

People usually doubt my distance until they see me throw, I am a small guy, 5'4" 132 lbs but my secret weapon is my 73" armspan, which is what I attribute my distance to.

People often joke that Innova made the Ape for me and even named it after me. I even had a cardmate tell me that if there were a DX Ape, I would be the stamp.

I picked 350 right now I'm bhrh 280 to 300 and rhfd just over 300 haven't been able to practice much and dislocated right shoulder hasn't helped hopefully before winter over I can get back to working on form untill then putting practice and an occasional round will get me threw winter

Latest posts