• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

At what distance would you be content with throwing?

At what distance would you be content with throwing?

Votes: 13 4.6%

Votes: 8 2.9%

Votes: 49 17.5%

Votes: 24 8.6%

Votes: 71 25.4%
  • 425 plus

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • I am content with my current distance

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters
I am currently maxing out at 410-415'. I would like to be consistent at the 425-435' range. It isn't much further, but my 410-415' is on a full rip and isn't accurate all the time. I can't complain though because I have a torn rotator cuff at the moment. I may be having surgery soon and hopefully I can get my form back once it is healed.

I am currently maxing out at 410-415'. I would like to be consistent at the 425-435' range. It isn't much further, but my 410-415' is on a full rip and isn't accurate all the time. I can't complain though because I have a torn rotator cuff at the moment. I may be having surgery soon and hopefully I can get my form back once it is healed.

I deal with this too, glenoid labrum tear combined with a dislocation that chipped the socket and left me with a cartilage deficiency where it healed. Suuuuuuuucks!

I can consistently put my (BH) Wraiths 350-375 with the occasional one if thrown perfectly approaching 400. I can already FH 425+. My accuracy is much better backhand but my goal is to starting throwing the same distance FH and BH.

I can consistently put my (BH) Wraiths 350-375 with the occasional one if thrown perfectly approaching 400. I can already FH 425+. My accuracy is much better backhand but my goal is to starting throwing the same distance FH and BH.

Most throwers I know can typically backhand 50-100 ft farther than they can forehand, and are more consistent/accurate with forehands than backhands... What gives?

Last edited:
I'm far more concerned about consistency than distance. I've been throwing in windy conditions for more than a decade and it still baffles me.

I CAN hit 400', but not with consistency. Oddly, Whenever I do get a rip that distance, it's usually pretty accurate, and I have no idea why. When I'm pushing for that distance and fall short, it's usually a bad throw that turns over too much, is angled too far up, or hits the ground at speed and does something nasty.

However, I comfortably, consistently, and accurately can drive in the 340-360' range on flat surface with a little wind. Whenever there's no wind I feel like I can hit 400' every 3rd drive or so if I'm throwing clean that day.

That being said, I voted for 425+. If I could comfortably hit that 440' range, it would really make some of those tricky 350' drives (and greens/landing zones) far less scary for bad roll-aways and skips if i could disc down to a mid or a slower fairway driver. I don't throw anything very fast other than tossing a Halo on the rare occassion, but I dig my fairway drivers for anything under 360'. I'd love to push those out to 400' and leave the 350 range to mids.

Now, if I could learn how to consistenly putt.... My game would be pretty salty. I'm so streaky with putting. Some times I'll go weeks without a three putt, and if it's within 25', it's a gimme, within 40' it has a good chance. However, then I'll completly and suddenly fall apart (sometimes in the same round that I was earlier putting great), and I'll ride a bad wave of missing 12'ers on the reg for a solid month. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
I probably should have clarified, my max distances I mentioned earlier are in perfect tailwind scenarios. In a dead wind, I backhand in the mid to upper 400ft range and forehand in the lower 400s.

I'm at 350-375 consistently with peaking out at 400. I'm good with that. If I putted half as well as I can drive I wouldn't care about getting any better.

I voted "content with my current distance." I can throw my Roc3s about 350', Teebirds around 380' and my Thunderbird out to around 400'. If I need anything longer than that I'll pull out an Outlaw which will hit 450' and might occasionally get to 500'+ on a really pure throw, but that might require a lot more room to work and is pretty rare.

The thing that is currently holding me back in my game is consistency. While I might have what others consider a big arm, I need to work on brining my margin of error down when throwing drives with each disc. Until that is the case I will still post higher scores than people that throw 50-100 feet shorter.

I've broken 400' in the past, but I wanna do it all the time.

I have never felt the need to try to improve my distance, but I also don't play very long or open courses. I can get a PD to 400 but generally throw it about 380. I can get a Wraith or Destroyer out to about 425. I only throw the max distance driver once or twice per round so I think putting practice is much more beneficial.

I voted 400. I honestly thought I was throwing in the 100-150' range with my fairway driver. I just checked a few flat holes on Google Earth and used the measure tool to figure out that I am actually closer to 225-250 on average with possibly a rare shot close to 300. I played with my dad over the weekend for the first time in 4 months and he commented that my distance and accuracy were much improved. I still release most shots with a trajectory that is way too high, probably killing a lot of distance.

I've been wearing my Leopard out and had just started throwing a Sidewinder recently when I lost it. I'll probably ease into distance drivers over the next few months, hoping for some increase in distance.

If I couldn't throw over 400' ever again, but have a 350' thumber I would make that trade all day long.

I play a lot of 400' holes. Id love to be able to birdie them occasionally from 15-20 feet short, instead of once or twice a year from 60 feet short. id be real pleased getting to the 375-400 foot range. As others have said, id trade that ability to be able to throw my buzzz 375 like many pros do

Latest posts