• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Atlas

Thank you for the options. I will look into these. The students pay a fee to participate in the class, so I have a little budget to buy their discs. I thought the interesting color combinations of the Atlas would be more interesting for them. This is the third year I have done this, the first year I got them putters, the second they each got an Aurora MS. Liked the mid better than the putter. As for safety, we spend quite a bit of time emphasizing it and etiquette, plus we spread out on the little 9 hole course close to our school.

"Innova Discs Innova Diss"

This stamp is sweet and I get that the "A" is covering it up but it is bothering me.

Attachments

• se-xt-atlas-1.jpg
    se-xt-atlas-1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 20
The disc I would get is 160-165 grams. for a Star Atlas. That way if wind is a factor then that weight should help

If not that then get a Star Colt, a nearly neutral putter low profile so they can grip the disc. R-Pro is another good choice. I would not get Colt in DX as the disc could get hit into a tree if you have one of the older kids using the disc and they go all out with it. I did that with a disc at age 13 an uncles and I was smaller like a kid at age 10. Fortunately the disc was old but still I taco the disc into a tree on my first hole.

I would go with the Colt as with a neural putter, like most putters you can use the disc to help with what is wrong and if you have a smaller kid at age 7, the low end then chances are high you could have that kid still use the disc. Same weight for the putter as the Atlas. Colt is almost a midrange disc anyhow.

Last edited:
So I was granted some money from my school district to do something "active" and run it once a week for district employees. Obviously I chose disc golf and promptly ordered some Atlas's and Aviars.

I was so skeptic of the Atlas, but it has a unique flight and controlability that I really dug after throwing them. Very point and shoot with great glide, very little fade.