• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Waiting patiently in the parking lot for my local to open to check out this MVP baseline

Got some crazy bounce ups and roll-aways today with my Atom. I know part of it was me and part of it was bad luck, but I'll be curious to see if others experience anything similar. They definitely have a little spring to them.

I've been throwing Protos exclusively since day one, and using my Atoms daily since they arrived just over a week ago. I am not noticing this at all. Not a single time. Hopefully you just had one of those kinds of days.

Just ordered 2 softs (smoke) and 2 regs (red) from Justin. Can't wait to fondle.

First consideration of a putter change in over 2 years. :eek:

Just started getting my first multiple putters - third Dagger arriving tomorrow. Must resist...

Right? i'm weird about having to have 2 same color for putting, so I always get them in 2s.

Not like this is a ton, but I have probable a dozen soft P Ions n Anodes. If I take to the Atom for putting, they'll be out to pasture.

There's a thread used to be on here that I can't find at the moment, where guys were posting pics of their putter stacks, some of them need intervention and rehab, lol.

Got just 2 coming haha. A white and a soft smoke, both 174. Cant wait to do a comparison vs slightly beat protos. I do wish these had the vapor marks on the rim though.

the vapor marks literally rubbed off with a few brushes of the thumb so pretty pointless for an extra part of production IMO. Some were not all that "vapor honed" anyway while others looked super chalky.

My first ever post on dgcr. I can't say how happy I am with the feel of this new plastic. I didn't think I'd agree with the notion that the soft was too soft but it may be, but I love a putter with some give. I would've been happy with just regular but I grabbed both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 46
Just got back from the shop and a quick trip by the local pitch and putt......Um wow I think I am in love. BTW did any of you retail guys get any that were overweight? I seen one at the shop that was marked 177?

My first ever post on dgcr. I can't say how happy I am with the feel of this new plastic. I didn't think I'd agree with the notion that the soft was too soft but it may be, but I love a putter with some give. I would've been happy with just regular but I grabbed both.

nice! I think most people were happy with the soft protos but i know a few of my customers mentioned they wished the "firms" were a little harder. MVP isn't calling the regular atoms "firm" like they did with the protos so maybe we will get a hard/firm version of electron as well.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on how they fly and putt!

I had a non atom proto that was 167g, and after about 10 throws I think they have a similar flight to the production atoms. They did say the atom would be a tick more OS than the atom protos. So I guess this makes sense since the proto atoms were a tick less stable than the other protos(at least the blue one I threw was). It could be the weight difference too, I guess, my atoms are both max weight.

Last edited:
Welcome to the madhouse Ryan....You wouldn't happen to live in Northern Kentucky?

I had a non atom proto that was 167g, and after about 10 throws I think they have a similar flight to the production atoms.

My experience was totally different in that the Protos are much more overstable than the Atoms. Unless your ten throws were into a brick wall?

Lol, no, though I did whack one of them into a wooden fence to see if it would get chunked(Barely a scratch BTW), but that was after the field throws. It is probably just the weight difference, my white firm proto had just a bit of fade at the end of its flight. It also flipped up to flat fairly easy.

Welcome to the madhouse Ryan....You wouldn't happen to live in Northern Kentucky?
North east Ohio actually. Yeah I've been reading and doing a bit of laughing on here for awhile but I finally decided to post. The atom was my most anticipated disc since the inertia. The glide this thing seems to have right out of the box is great. At least on a bit of putting practice.

Latest posts