• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I am eagerly anticipating a release date.

Looks to be similar to a Proxy. You would think a very overstable or understable putter would be the way to go. Oh well, the Anode was too tall for me to be comfortable (as a thrower, I don't mind putting putters at 2.0-2.1), this might be a ton better ala the Envy. Will sell more then a specialty disc.

some eye candy.....
The Atom disc by MVP Disc Sports was PDGA Approved as of 12-7-2014.

"The Atom is the first putter to debut in our new Electron Plastic, which is a retooled version of our Electron Prototypes released last month. Our Electron plastic is high-technology form of "Baseline" plastic with a faster wear-in period. It will consist of two flexibility options in the central core along with with a consistently soft rim. It's engineered to have optimal grip in vast playing conditions, including conditions with excessive moisture. It's profile allows for a straight neutral flight for high power throwers as well as a straight stable flight for low power throwers. It's workable stability and superior grip will make the Atom a staple GYRO putter in 2015."

mvp_atom.jpg

It doesn't feel like ion at all elmexdela.. I have some of the blue protos which are actually the same mold as atom. All these new putters share envy cores.

MVP discs and the whole GYRO technology/marketing has always appealed to me pretty well, although I personally think it gives no edge to me as a golfer whatsoever. I personally don't think their GYRO technology is very relevant or "effective", but I digress. The three things about the brand that didn't appeal to me personally was their lack of baseline putters, their lack of max speed discs, and that many of their discs inner rims were uncomfortably short for my fingertips. Now that they have nice baseline putters, plenty of more comfy rims, and 10 speed drivers I think they are pretty well rounded. Now produce a boss/nuke and I'll say they're well rounded enough to satisfy most player's entire bags.

I personally don't think their GYRO technology is very relevant or "effective", but I digress.

I've got to disagree here. I've found the gyro very relevant. I get less flutter and a noticeably smoother flight to the basket over the usual molded putters. The gyro is very easy to get going and holds an amazingly straight flight path until the gyro slows to a predictable fade. It's nice because I can take a firm run at the basket and I don't seem to blow by too far. Once the gyro stops the disc drops. On another note I love Proton soft as well. I get that soft grippy feel of the disc but it's smooth enough to get a clean release. Kind of like R-Pro and KC Pro in the same disc.

So this looks like the same disc as the proxy. Maybe a tick less stable?