• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Attending Friday at DDO 1st timer

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I'm headed to Emporia tomorrow with a couple of friends to watch pros in person. Pretty exciting! I get the basic idea of following a card around, but is there a FAQ for 1st timers? Here are some dumb Qs

Can I bring a bag with snacks and water bottle?
Can I bring a chair?
Is there something I should try to do besides watch Tattar, Paige, Wysocki and Buhr?
When can you meet pros? Only after the round?

If you have a 'wish I would have known' for a 1st timer, let me in.

Thanks.

I'm headed to Emporia tomorrow with a couple of friends to watch pros in person. Pretty exciting! I get the basic idea of following a card around, but is there a FAQ for 1st timers? Here are some dumb Qs

Can I bring a bag with snacks and water bottle? Yes, although there will be vendors bring as much as you can comfortably carry
Can I bring a chair? Yep, again whatever is comfortable to carry if you have a VIP pass and plan on walking and following
Is there something I should try to do besides watch Tattar, Paige, Wysocki and Buhr? I would maybe try to watch some "lesser knowns", so it will not be as busy. Players that you should try to watch would be Anthony Barela, Albert Tamm, Aaron Gossage, Ben Calloway
When can you meet pros? Only after the round? After the round is them most appropriate time. Some players are cordial at any point, but courtesy suggests to only approach after their round

If you have a 'wish I would have known' for a 1st timer, let me in. bring a cooler with plenty of your own beer, snacks, edibles. You can go back to your car to reload at any point. I would also maybe bring a umbrella to block the sun

Thanks.

Answers in bold above.

Last edited:
Fun day Friday. Gossage threw his 2nd throw on hole one right over my head and OB. MANY people miss island hole 16, and looking at it from the tee.. if I emptied my whole bag I'd maybe get a few discs on. Aderhold threw the first monster Sky hyzer to hit the island, and everyone who threw that shot landed. Buhr, AB I think also did. Kinda wanted a Raptor legs show after Wysocki made his drop zone putt.

After reading the other thread suggested, we stayed at hole one tee until Tattar's group. We followed them for several holes and then wandered back through to look for food. Drew Gibson was supposed to lead off the menKs tee times, but I guess he was out with elbow injury. We watched a lot of men's throws from the landing zone hole 1. Then went over by 15, 16, 18 where you could see any of those holes.

Valerie Mandujano was walking in the spectator area following Mason Ford, and Isaac Robinson was also wandering all over the course while FPO played. You could watch the practice area very clearly, so that was cool.

My only complaint was there was almost no water, and where there were large jugs, we had to jump ropes between cards to refill bottles.

Last thing was that I wasn't expecting giant sections of the course to be completely empty. We walked through the course during MPO to see more players, and kinda gave up, and went back to where we were.

Latest posts