• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

I just bought and played 36 holes with my new babies.

173g opto Fuse - I am used to my Buzzz SS, this has much more glide, and i sent this sailing for bad approach shots. But i'll get used to it soon I hope

170g Opto Vision - set my personal best drives with it, love it.

I got a fuse last week and love it. Though I know it says stable midrange but I have been using mine very successfully in place of my flippy roc for long left-right turns.

I'd also like to add that my buddy who I throw alot with at least twice/week, has never been able to out-drive me very often. UNTIL TODAY! He just got some discs in the mail from Lat 64. Vision and Fuse(both Opto). His Vision was killing my star Valk all day. Killing it. The Fuse was going extremely far also, without much effort to the surprise of us both(much too far than we thought it might go). Given the experience I had today discing down, staying w/ my Valk, and experiencing the student humiliate the teacher, I'm getting me some Latitude 64 no doubt. Mother of god. Highly recommend at least checking out if any of you haven't yet.

FYI, the GL Vision is more understable than the opto.

Is that the same with other molds? So far I just have GL plastic and really like it so haven't felt to need to try out the Opto yet.

So far I have Fuse, Flow, and Striker.

Get an Opto Fuse to pair with your GL. Opto is a little bit more stable for those shots you want to throw a little harder and stay dead straight with no fade. LOVE my Opto Fuse. And my GL too. Some of my Opto discs are grippier than the GL. Including the Fuse I love.

Generally Opto is more stable than GL. Can't think of any exceptions...
Awesome Lat64 thread detailing run variations and stuff.

Just switched a GL Fuse since I was getting a small amount of fade from my Opto. Also 178 and 172 respectively, so could be a weight thing. GL Fuse pairs perfectly with my Opto Core now.

yeah my Fuse was fading every throw. I didn't apply as much speed as I should have to keep it straight. It's Opto and still feels very understable

Got an Opto River in the mail today and really like the feel of it. Domier then I normally like but something about it just fits into my hand very well. So far that is a: Striker, Flow, Fuse, and River. Guess I should go ahead and order some of the other disc too :D. Just wish there was somewhere in Raleigh that actually sold them.

Well finally caved and bought a Lat 64 pro bag (upgraded from Fade Crunch Box, still going to keep it for when I want to carry less). Can't wait until it gets here so I can take all my discs to the course at once plus the kitchen sink!

yeah lat 64 is a big fan of major glide from what I can tell. I heard the River has more glide then the Fuse, I would love to see the river fly. My fuse has made me miss birdies becaise of its huge glide

Just got my first Lat 64. Opto Fuse and Striker. The Fuse is the tits. In the bag, has it's spot. Yay. Striker I am hoping will replace my Valk that I warped on a tree last week. It needs some beating in but it has definite potential.

Striker is to Valkyrie as Teebird is to Leopard.

My advice... get another Valk, but keep working with that Striker.

Agreed 100%, saw the comment in my email and though "replacing a valk with a striker?..." As my local pro shop owner/club president said it's like a longer teebird.

Just got my first Lat 64. Opto Fuse and Striker. The Fuse is the tits. In the bag, has it's spot. Yay. Striker I am hoping will replace my Valk that I warped on a tree last week. It needs some beating in but it has definite potential.

If youre looking for something like a Valk. Try a vision

I've thrown 2 GL Stikers, both awesome, and both always fly just about the same as my champ teebird, with a little more turn. Although the strikers always seems to land just a little beyond the teebird, must be that glide.

The GF got the first striker, it's a little domier and seems to be a straighter flyer, I traded for another GL striker, it's one of the flat as a board first runs. Seems to turn a little more and generally not be as stable, but still flies amazingly. Love both of them. Should have another Striker, a Core, and a Vision headed this way soon. Need a River.

Latest posts