• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1st form critique request

Naenae

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Not only is this my first FC, but also my first slo-melfies, so pardon the slightly off axis views.

I started playing in late May, and I'm currently throwing 225-250 on average, 290 the most I've measured. For the throws themselves, I tried not to think about it too much, just tried to let fly. I threw all putters for the vid and I picked the uploaded shots as they seemed fairly representative. Already, I see some wobble on the side view that isn't obvious to me in real time.

My goal is really more consistency than distance, but it's fun when one gets wings. Suggestions? Specifically, what would be the first one or two things you would suggest that I try to tweak.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.mov
    44.4 MB
  • IMG_0535.mov
    16.5 MB
Last edited:
1. You are barely turning your shoulders back.
Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 1.53.55 PM.png

2. Your stance is too inline or open instead of staggered closed more.

3. You are extending/moving your spine around instead of staying in a tilted axis all the way thru.
Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 1.47.16 PM.png

I would suggest you watch a bunch of the Shawn Clement videos in the link especially the tilted spiral and braced tilt and head position ones.

Also work on Door Frame Drills.