• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

August 31, 2010 Ratings Update!

jnecessary

Double Eagle Member
I gained 12 points! Finally playing in the correct division at 936, I had been playing AM1 since my 2nd tournament a couple years ago, now I belong there :). If I would really take putting seriously and start practicing I think I could make a very serious jump, just enjoy playing rounds so much I find it hard to practice putting.

So how did everyone do? Any big jumps, surprises?

I find it hard to believe that Nikko stayed at 1040. He has been averaging 1050+ at most tournaments lately, crazy.

Up 9 points to 984. Still below where my game has been this year (1000 rated on the nose for 2010), if I throw 1005 at the Augusta Classic I'll be 990 at the October update, my goal for Augusta is 1010 for all rounds... so here's to hoping.

ChrisWoj said:
Up 9 points to 984. Still below where my game has been this year (1000 rated on the nose for 2010), if I throw 1005 at the Augusta Classic I'll be 990 at the October update, my goal for Augusta is 1010 for all rounds... so here's to hoping.

Do it man! I will send ya all my good Karma those days!

jnecessary said:
...Finally playing in the correct division at 936.

I'm at 936 too and feel the same way... I finally feel like I belong (granted i've only been a member for 5 months)

Still chillin' at 933. I didn't play a tourney since the last update so nothing dropped and I put nothing on. Assuming I had played a tourney and shot my rating i would have climbed about 5 points or so.

Signed up for the PDGA, played in my first tournament as a member, played HORRIBLY and here I sit at 782.

Peot said:
Signed up for the PDGA, played in my first tournament as a member, played HORRIBLY and here I sit at 782.
:D

This was the case for me when I played my first tourney this season. I have since thrown a few better ones and now sit at 893. I hope to be 915 by the end of this season. :)

down a few points to 953.

one crappy round at mid am (sub 900) put another crappy round late last year back in my rating. A good majority of rounds that I have on rating are actually higher rated - 2 terrible rounds are messing the whole thing up :D

Up 11 to 917! Looking forward to the Johnny Roberts Memorial this weekend!

victorb said:
down a few points to 953.

one crappy round at mid am (sub 900) put another crappy round late last year back in my rating. A good majority of rounds that I have on rating are actually higher rated - 2 terrible rounds are messing the whole thing up :D
I feel ya. I have been playing near or above my rating for the last 3-4 tournaments and actually cashing so I expect another jump in October if I keep it up. I have been driving great but missing every birdie putt during tourneys lately. Driving so well I'm cashing without putting so I could be winning with putting.

mine failed to go up despite playing 940-950 golf in my last tourney. The TD was late getting the scores up to PDGA and missed the deadline, so i am kind of pissed. It was only my 5th tourney this year so it would have been a big boost after I had some sub 900 rounds in my first tourney this year.

I should of played more tourneys this yr but I only played one in thelast couple months. But it did bring me up a lil bit to 939. Sucks because I know I can play better,but my ability to do so in a tournament setting has not been so promising. I guess I need to play more tourneys !!

Back to my first post in this thread, some numbers from the PDGA.

http://www.pdga.com/numb3rs-galore

Nikko is averaging 1057 golf this year!! Holy Cow!

Latest posts