• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin, TX girl needs technique help

BillnChristy is our resident "female DG expert" thanks to the women's clinics he puts on in GA, I'd PM him and ask if he knows of anybody doing that in your neck of the woods.

Ok DG forum dorks, here's your chance to hang out with a real live girl who thinks you actually have something to offer and won't charge you $4.99/minute! ;)

I've been playing for about six months and have definitely gotten the feel for throwing and am not great, but have improved ten fold from when I first started. I would love to spend time and get some lessons and learn technique so I could be more confident in my throws.

I haven't played much these past few months since I've been stuck in a place that's not very DG friendly but am headed back to Austin this week.

Is anyone in the area up for hanging out and playing a few rounds and giving out some pointers?
dawn, if you want to get some rounds in chase,myself and devin are always playing during the week or weekends. if you want to get some good tips from other women,id suggest joining the wtf girls. bunch of great ladies who can throw damn good and probably better than most of the guys on this board.hit them up on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Women-Throwing-Frisbees/163544677018065

jenb,you should also check out the wtf girls too. dez reading,liz lopez,paige pierce are also members and can definitely encourage the both of you in the right way.

dawn, if you want to get some rounds in chase,myself and devin are always playing during the week or weekends. if you want to get some good tips from other women,id suggest joining the wtf girls. bunch of great ladies who can throw damn good and probably better than most of the guys on this board.hit them up on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Women-Throwing-Frisbees/163544677018065

jenb,you should also check out the wtf girls too. dez reading,liz lopez,paige pierce are also members and can definitely encourage the both of you in the right way.

You beat me to it Booter, +2 on the Women throwing frisbees group. Kristina just won World Am Doubles with my wife, and she can help you out a lot.

I genuinely wish there was something like the WTF or BillnChristy's programs here. I see so few women on the courses, but that surprises me because the sport seems so accessible to everyone. I don't want to be the only one teaching my girlfriend, who is new to the sport. I know there are plenty of females out there that are better than I am who could really instruct. I believe Lori M. is a local, but I've never met her.
Good on you for asking Dawn. It sounds like there's no lack of support for your quest from either gender.

I heartily support Steph and her band of WTFers! Steph is the only DGer I've known since before either of us started playing disc. Way back when, she did a 1-day clinic with Des and was instantly giving US pointers.

WTF!!

Everyone: Thanks so much for the support and advice! Jen - the teacher website was very helpful. Asking for help is easy, but it's nice to know when someone really wants to help and doesn't get frustrated with a new player - there are definitely some people out there that play too seriously.

I will definitely use these resources and set up some games this week while I'm home. Seems as if I might have to join facebook to get in touch with WTF but heck, it'll be worth it! Bill has offered me some good advice in the past, hopefully I can make it out his way one day! I'm usually in Georgia every July!

Woohoo! Thanks again very much.

sloppydisc, E-man, thanks for the support boys! I tend to learn better in practice than with reading.
And really, I thought the fact that I didn't have a penis would be enough to fill my inbox! :)

But seriously, I know I could just ask around at the courses, but I figured a social site where folks who love DG come together would enjoy getting together in real life too and helping out. Ding dangs!

Well, you did call us dorks.

:rolleyes:

heh - true. No harm meant though, just joking, I love all folks who play DG since it's a group I consider myself part of now! I thought it would be appropriate to poke fun at the fact that I'm one of few girls who post on here amongst all the aggressive testosterone. I mean come on - who actually uses phone sex anymore? It's obvious to see from the MASSIVE half naked chick thread that you're more a google images and youjizz.com kinda group. muahahaha ;)

I am guessing this is lokirising trolling all you suckas

lol-501.gif

And really, I thought the fact that I didn't have a penis would be enough to fill my inbox! :)

Dear sidewinder22,

You have received an infraction at Disc Golf Course Review.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Inappropriate comment
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Quote:
Well turn down your fandango gal, how much junk can fit in your inbox and outbox?

All the best,
Disc Golf Course Review

How is mine an inappropriate post? I hope you gave dawn an infraction!

How is mine an inappropriate post? I hope you gave dawn an infraction!

Well. it has to be because you go a step further yet than you realise.

See, your avatar is rooster or "c0ck" in some parts. Not only that but this particular rooster is perceived to be a "bigot". Put that all together and you just made a suggestive comment with a "bigocock" attitude.

Double entendre is not allowed here son. But here is a song:

Cock a doodle do!
What is my dame to do?
Till master's found his fiddlingstick,
She'll dance without her shoe.

Cock a doodle do!
My dame has found her shoe,
And master's found his fiddlingstick,
Sing cock a doodle do!

Cock a doodle do!
My dame will dance with you,
While master fiddles his fiddlingstick,
And knows not what to do.

If she would have opened with something better to say, this thread would have been alot more receptive. This isnt a world of warcraft thread. Its disc golf dammit! Wait.... Yeah .... Disc golf....and its a sport....for jocks.... Who dont have to pay 4.95 a minute....

C'mon dawn we deserve a lil more respect. U get what u give

I say this is a double standard on double entendre.