• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

I have paced out some 425-450' throws before, but maybe my paces are getting smaller? :( I throw about 325-350 consistently and that's pacing and google earth for verification. Although they both can be wrong. This is a great thread, cause I played with some pros here and the masters champ was saying I was bombing the drives, and that made me VERY happy! :)

i can throw FH 315-325' consistantly(375 max) and started BH in the fall and am getting 285-300 consistantly(326 max) with a tbird. Hoping to get 350/350 by the end of the year.

Awesome. You may want to shelve the Nukes for a bit. The Leopard is all you need right now until you can throw farther.

I don't throw those yet - I snagged those at a garage sale and keep them in my bag for when I practice out at my local park.

Right now i'm only throwing a Beast, Leopard, Buzzz, Shark, and Magnet

I have yet to measure one of my max D drives as they tend to burn up upon atmospheric re-entry. I'm currently in talks with NASA about designing a new blend, although they expressed concern with introducing new orbital debris that could interfere with satellites, so we may never know :/

I don't throw those yet - I snagged those at a garage sale and keep them in my bag for when I practice out at my local park.

Right now i'm only throwing a Beast, Leopard, Buzzz, Shark, and Magnet

Ah. Gotcha. Then put away the Beast for a bit. :D

Actually, if your Beast is DX it might be ok because they have better glide, and aren't quite as overstable (for noodle arms) as the Champ ones.

We just built a driving range at the park.
it has a pole (soon to be baskets) at 200' 300' and 400'
Its been very eye opening for a lot of people.

here is a pic of us building the "4 Wide Tee Pad" for the driving range :thmbup:

Attachments

• 2013-01-02_14-42-11_912.jpg
    2013-01-02_14-42-11_912.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 36
here is a pic of us building the "4 Wide Tee Pad" for the driving range :thmbup:

i would think you would want a 500' as well. 400' isn't really that long.

We all believe you.

The best guess for me is somewhere around 400'. I've never gone out and measured, it's hard to find a place like that with all the trees here. The last hole on my home course is a flat, controlled, semi-tunnel shot at 378' which they just lazered the distance. I park it more often than not.

400 average?

My average drive is about 30 miles or so, but only 'cause I don't like playing the two closest courses repeatedly. :p

Ok, I've made a couple joking posts in this thread, but in reality, my D on a flat semi open hole is between 425-450'. Those max out usually about 480' with my longest ever being 545'

i would think you would want a 500' as well. 400' isn't really that long.
oh, we wanted it, just not enough room.
at about 500'ish we run out of mowed field

Matt,
Just caught this pic. Is this at Shelton Springs?
its at Woodland Creek Community Park in Lacey, Wa.
we are building a new 9 hole course there also
baskets just went in a week ago :hfive:

oh, we wanted it, just not enough room.
at about 500'ish we run out of mowed field

well at least you have a descent frame of reference for the distance.

I don't find these #'s hard to believe...so what if 'x' can throw this far. I got a damn good arm but I'm no pro cause my mental game and consistenty sucks...but I have the ability to pump them out there.

I throw it far enough to have fun. I'm only interested in tuning the accuracy right now, with the goals I have set for myself.

Latest posts