• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar Anomaly

cfair

* Ace Member *
Been throwing aviars a little while and wanted to pick up another one. Went to the store and found the most bizarre goopy pink aviar. It was softer than the Omega's right next to it and I thought to myself "I've gotta try this" so I bought it and have fallen in love this thing is awesome but it is not a JK aviar. Its a DX that just happens to be really soft/floppy. How could this have happened and how can I find more? If more can even be found... it isn't miss marked, weights just as much as my other 175 discs.

Also anyone else hate the sticky pamphlet thing they put on the bottom of discs sometimes. Didn't take it off right on this one and I have this giant sticky spot that I hate and it gets all this dirt and crap sticking too it. They should not be putting that on discs.

some hot water or adhesive remover will get that off i think some 150 aviars are pretty floppy and they could have mixed up an r pro in there

wtf guys, keep on subject, no hijacking my thread.

I tried the hot water and a scrub pad. Didn't work.

But the R Pro mix up sounds most likely. HOWEVER I was talking to a guy from LCD discs at am worlds and he said the R PRO stuff is janky. Especially the rocs because some come out super rubbery, like FLX, and others come out pretty stiff.

DO NOT use adhesive remover on R-pro.

It melts it...trust me, I have a P1 Maniac that is toe' up from the flo' up now. :(

AND its still sticky.

I don't care so much about the sticky stuff, just curious as to why this aviar is like this. I might try the rpro now though, just to see.

But I was complaining about the pamphlet they put on the back its unnecessary and the holder was not a wise decision either.

maybe I am cranky today...

My discs don't come with all that stuff, but sometimes there's a price tag from PIAS. I use Goo be Gone, acetone, soap and water, scrubby pap, Scotch bright pad, but not all the same time.

At Dunham's Sports (chain) they come in this "Innova Package" that I don't really see at other places. Just a plastic bag with a cardboard thing on top and two inserts inside. One explaining the rating system not attached to the disc and another with their entire product line glued to the bottom of the disc. Super pain.

At Dunham's Sports (chain) they come in this "Innova Package" that I don't really see at other places. Just a plastic bag with a cardboard thing on top and two inserts inside. One explaining the rating system not attached to the disc and another with their entire product line glued to the bottom of the disc. Super pain.

Yea, that's a bit wasteful. Send me the rating system explanation, I'm still confused why my rating is so low.

#1- yes, there are some floppy blends of DX. There are also misstamped discs so you might very well have an R-Pro Aviar with a DX stamp. Good luck figuring out which you have and good luck finding replacements. I bought some 150g DX Aviars that are really soft. They are both white. That's all the help I can give you.

#2- someone else already said it but I'll repeat it: Goo Gone. It will take the goo off and should not harm your disc at all. I have not found a disc that didn't like Goo Gone.

Going to Am Worlds flymart tonight. I'll see if anyone at Innova's set up can explain it for me... maybe how to get more even (if it is RPro).

I'll let you all know my findings (I'm pumped for am worlds).

I saw a really floppy DX spider the other day, and was tempted to buy it just because how awesome the plastic felt. Maybe quality control is slacking at Innova.

Latest posts