• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar3

zmannz1984

Eagle Member
I picked up a nice stack of these today. I was going to get a few star as well as DX, but I got busy talking and forgot the DX. The proto stars are sweet feeling! Very similar to a flat top zone or harp in hand, they don't feel like an innova disc. I hope they fly as well as a P2 because they sure do feel better. I will post pics up in a bit. Anybody thrown them much yet?

I picked up a nice stack of these today. I was going to get a few star as well as DX, but I got busy talking and forgot the DX. The proto stars are sweet feeling! Very similar to a flat top zone or harp in hand, they don't feel like an innova disc. I hope they fly as well as a P2 because they sure do feel better. I will post pics up in a bit. Anybody thrown them much yet?

I'm assuming the star stock stamps for sale feel the same as proto star? I can't imagine they are two different batches but any insights on this?

The CFRs and proto stars are the same. The store I went to didn't order any stock stars. I think they made a huge first run of these, so I imagine that any star you find for now will be the same. I might go back and grab some dx, I was hoping they were firm but forgot to check them out.

Pretty sure there are no DX Aviar3's yet. The dealer page only mentions Star and the order forms only have Star Aviar3s on them. Can you take a profile pic? I'm curious what the profile looks like before I buy one.

Just ordered 2 of these bastards from Infinite Discs. They've got a few proto stars left.

Are these beadless? Really OS like a Zone or are they actually good for putting?

I dont think it will be quite Zone-like. Just basing this speculation on all the other 3-series Innova discs, it will obviously be quite flat with a flight that, I'm guessing its Innova's branded P2. Just looking at Infinite's flight ratings, a Shield comes to mind...VIP Shield in particular

Are they deep dish like most Innova putters? If they have a more shallow feel than regular Aviars I'd be really interested.

I dont think it will be quite Zone-like. Just basing this speculation on all the other 3-series Innova discs, it will obviously be quite flat with a flight that, I'm guessing its Innova's branded P2. Just looking at Infinite's flight ratings, a Shield comes to mind...VIP Shield in particular

I'm guessing the Aviar3 is why the Big Bead Aviar Driver was taken to OOP-Land; the Aviar3 is its replacement. The Av3 is being touted/advertised as a driving putter, as well....

Wow, Innova quit making the big bead Aviar. I would think they still sell a lot of them.

They still make Big Bead Aviars for CFR.

And an Aviar3 might have a similar flight as a P2, but different discs.

P2 is the Aviar-X without the bead.

Aviar3 is a flat top PnA mold.

They still make discs in the big bead Aviar mold such as KC Pros, Yetis, JKs, etc. They just don't make the Star Aviar Driver anymore in regular production.

They just don't make the Star or Champ Aviar Driver anymore in regular production.

I wonder why. Sales I guess. Still, you would think the Aviar Driver would not be a huge seller, but a decent one. Still make it in Gstar though, so there is that.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there are no DX Aviar3's yet. The dealer page only mentions Star and the order forms only have Star Aviar3s on them. Can you take a profile pic? I'm curious what the profile looks like before I buy one.

I had to work late and forgot to get pics last night. I will do a compare this evening. You may be right about the DX. My buddy told me they had them, he may have been mistaken.

Finally had time to play some. I shot a few pics of the discs themselves, and also a comparison to mcpro aviar, kc pro aviar, and s-p2. Enjoy!

aviar3-1.JPG

aviar3-2.JPG

aviar3-3.JPG

aviar3-4.JPG

aviar3-5.JPG

aviar3-kcpro-down.JPG

aviar3-kcpro-up.JPG

aviar3-mcpro-down.JPG

aviar3-mcpro-up.JPG

aviar3-p2-up.JPG