• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

In an instagram post, Bradley Williams talks about throwing his Luster AviarX3. Why have we not seen any of the newer approach discs in Champion plastic? I don't understand this. A stiff Champ AX3, Aviar3, or Rat would be so much better and more durable than the odd soft star variation they come in now.

In an instagram post, Bradley Williams talks about throwing his Luster AviarX3. Why have we not seen any of the newer approach discs in Champion plastic? I don't understand this. A stiff Champ AX3, Aviar3, or Rat would be so much better and more durable than the odd soft star variation they come in now.

I would imagine they're going to get there, though maybe not with every one of those molds. Is the Aviar3 being used by pros at all? :popcorn:

I would imagine they're going to get there, though maybe not with every one of those molds. Is the Aviar3 being used by pros at all? :popcorn:

Gibson and McBeth were both throwing glow Champ Aviar3's at BSF. Alex Geisinger also bags them. I really just want a production run Champion AviarX3.

Hey Ian from CCDG actually clarified that he meant to state that they were throwing AviarX3s on the coverage. Just FYI :hfive:

I heard that on the CCDG coverage and wondered if it wasn't an Aviar-X-3. The names are confusing, fer sure. I'm glad Ian clarified that.

Innova needs to update that dealer website with new things every so often, so I'm sure some new stuff will come out. Just a matter of when. And if pros want it, it's likelier a run gets done. :popcorn:

So I emailed Innova regarding Champion AviarX3's and they assured me that within a few months, they will be available! :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

So I emailed Innova regarding Champion AviarX3's and they assured me that within a few months, they will be available! :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

That sounds nice, I actually got rid of my protostar AX3 because I wasn't clicking with the gummy blend of star. I just don't dig the super flexy, glossy star that I've seen a lot of discs in lately. The AX3 sort of worsened everything I don't like about the plastic - the relatively deep, bulky rim stuck to all the wrong parts of my hand and the puddle top just felt mushy, like it would cave in and warp if I pressed a thumb into it. I want to be able to feel the rest of the flightplate and the pressure from my fingers fight against the force my thumb is applying.

That sounds nice, I actually got rid of my protostar AX3 because I wasn't clicking with the gummy blend of star. I just don't dig the super flexy, glossy star that I've seen a lot of discs in lately. The AX3 sort of worsened everything I don't like about the plastic - the relatively deep, bulky rim stuck to all the wrong parts of my hand and the puddle top just felt mushy, like it would cave in and warp if I pressed a thumb into it. I want to be able to feel the rest of the flightplate and the pressure from my fingers fight against the force my thumb is applying.

Yeah I am not a fan of the super gummy Star plastic that is currently used for the AX3 either. I just love the mold and really hope the Champion runs come out a lot stiffer

Just came here to say that a production run of Champion Aviarx3s will be happening in the next couple months and to keep an eye out for mcbeths third tour series disc coming out in the next couple weeks(this was the response I got from Innova's email). Also contacted discgolfvalues and they say that they are expecting some luster aviarx3s soon. My prediction is that the luster aviarx3 will be mcbeths third tour series disc.

It would make sense as well. Most of his bag is already filled with either his signature or tour series discs(the only molds in his bag that he doesn't have a tour series or signature disc for is the Firebird, gator, aviarx3, and mako3. I'm assuming he won't make the luster firebird his tour series disc and compete with nate sextons firebirds. The gator and mako3 are just utility discs for him and he's been throwing the aviarx3 a lot lately.

I would buy a couple luster aviarx3s if I had the chance

Have you guys found that the stock stamps are at least a little less gummy and puddle topped than the protostars or no?

Just came here to say that a production run of Champion Aviarx3s will be happening in the next couple months and to keep an eye out for mcbeths third tour series disc coming out in the next couple weeks(this was the response I got from Innova's email). Also contacted discgolfvalues and they say that they are expecting some luster aviarx3s soon. My prediction is that the luster aviarx3 will be mcbeths third tour series disc.

I wish that were true, but they just dropped MF Teebird3's for his third disc. However, I reached out and they assured me production run Champion* AX3's were coming out and soon as they have room in the factory to produce them(within the next few months).

Last edited:
Has anyone beat in a DX AviarX3 to straight/flippy? Just curious how long it took and if it was a gradual progression or more abrupt, and if it lost the LSS or HSS first?

Has anyone beat in a DX AviarX3 to straight/flippy? Just curious how long it took and if it was a gradual progression or more abrupt, and if it lost the LSS or HSS first?

Is that a thing? I was only aware of DX Aviar3s, not X3s

I'm inspired to bring this disc to the practice area. I received one in star plastic with a mystery box earlier this year.