• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Awesome shots for 2022

ray1970

* Ace Member *
For those of us who struggle to hit aces, let's share generally great shots that we're proud of.

I hit about a two hundred foot throw in for eagle this past weekend. I was trying to crash my Pig into a hill short of a basket to get a birdie look and came in a little hot. Rather than the hill killing my shot it skipped off the upslope and straight into the chains.

I don't generally get a lot of eagles so I'll take them however they come.

I don't generally get a lot of eagles so I'll take them however they come.

How many eagles do you generally get? 😁

I threw my Firebird in from about 200 the other day. Unfortunately it was after my actual upshot, thought I'd see if I could skip it into the basket with my backpack on.

In 6+ years, I can count on one hand how many I've thrown in from over 150 during a round I was scoring. 😔

How many eagles do you generally get? [emoji16]

I threw my Firebird in from about 200 the other day. Unfortunately it was after my actual upshot, thought I'd see if I could skip it into the basket with my backpack on.

In 6+ years, I can count on one hand how many I've thrown in from over 150 during a round I was scoring. [emoji17]

Let's just say my bogeys way out number my eagles and I'll leave it at that.

I finally hit cage on hole 10 at my localest course a few weeks ago. It appears to be a sidearm hole, but it bends too quickly right. It's a RHBH turnover all day. If I hit it right it's a birdie all day. It's blind off the pad but I threw it and immediately said "Money"...then a faint dink noise, cage dink, not pole dink. Never got an ace in the snow. Almost.

Show up 2 weeks later for redemption. Baskets gone, all trees on the hole are gone. Butchered. Emerald ash borer clearing wiped this hole out and trashed the left side of the next one. :thmbdown:

So almost awesome? Birdied it one last time before they wrecked it.

There is a 505ft par 4 that I has a ton of OB short and right of the pin that I have been trying to Eagle for about a year now. Finally hit the FH flex line just right, missed all the trees and made about a 40ft putt to get the 2.

There's a 740-foot Par 5 long to long at a course I frequent at least monthly. I'm lefty with a one-step for now and age 58. I've never given it much thought of a birdie. It's a dogleg right out of a gap with the turn at 220-feet then straight ahead but several trees with a lake on the right all the way to basket. At the 500- foot mark the fairway elevates, and slides left to right towards the lake and narrow gaps to reach basket a roller. I normally hit my drive about 250 to stay on fairway. I crushed the can on this one a few weeks ago and watched my disc fade past my normal landing spot and for my longest drive staying on fairway at about 315-feet, up until longest drive had always been turnovers. I have off fairways longer, but never count them. I was thrilled for it to be a fade. I found myself in a spot not sure which gap to hit, I've never been there before, well I hit a tree on approach just past the short basket at 500 feet from tee, there goes my birdie, just too clutter to reach basket. I was just thrilled to have that drive.

Took a road trip to Southern California last week, and played goat hill park for the first time! An absolute blast to play, a big arm helps. In the 20 mph wind, I eagled hole 10, that 720ish foot par 4 that's way down hill. I threw my tee shot over 500 feet to perfection, then flicked my harp right into the bucket from about 200. One of my favorite shots ever!

Hit an 85 foot putt on the last hole Saturday at a club event (putter only round) in blizzard conditions with snow flying in my face into a 25+ mph headwind for a deuce.

Such a beautiful flight and bonus gallery with the card behind us watching since they had already finished up.

We won't talk about the tee shot however. :D

Played a round at the local bomber course with a buddy and had a bit of extra time so we hit a short 9 holer afterwards.

Hole 4 is marked 271, flat with the basket halfway up the embankment leading up to the road. I think it plays a bit longer since the pin is a bit elevated. It's about 25 feet long and left of the tree in the pic. Threw a cosmic neutron volt forehand straight to fade directly at it and doinked the cage slight left and about 2 inches low of chains. It kicked about 25 feet long so I was putting for birdie uphill at it. Putt was low, doinked the cage in almost the same spot, and rolled down the hill about another 25 feet in the other direction.

Took a 4 on an ace run😂😂😂

Attachments

• 9BCA8BE1-EBBE-4BF4-80D1-3A6BA50FD70E.jpg
    9BCA8BE1-EBBE-4BF4-80D1-3A6BA50FD70E.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 11
  • D5A89CD7-C1BA-4897-9B55-691FE16424D4.jpg
    D5A89CD7-C1BA-4897-9B55-691FE16424D4.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 10
  • BA8CF6F8-1BF6-4DCA-A129-4EF2D23E808D.jpg
    BA8CF6F8-1BF6-4DCA-A129-4EF2D23E808D.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 9
Funny how a long throw-in can color my appreciation of a course. I was playing a lame community 9-holer (where the 9th basket was missing) and was just anxious to finish the round. Then on #7 I threw in from about 170 feet out for a deuce. And I left thinking "well, that course wasn't so bad". But I have never had cause to go back.

This one time I played a wooded par 3 and didn't hit a single tree. It was dope.