• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Meh, the new Neutrons, with the more flexible plastic, won't fly the same as the OG ones.

They may fly like you like, but not the same.

And that cinches it, it's time for the Crave to tag along again. I kinda missed it on the weekend, would have been a good disc to be familiar with. It's just 20' itis with me. I missed the accuracy though.. So hard to do the smart thing sometimes. As my game started to fall apart it would have been a nice easy driver

That's a huge slot for my crave. Once my round starts going off the rails and I'm struggling, if I do the smart thing, I disc down my drives to my crave and play smarter golf. It's a lifesaver. I throw it a lot anyways, it's my most thrown fairway (unless you in the insanity is a fairway camp). But when I'm struggling, I throw it even more.

Or I dig in my heels and play army golf.....cuz im pigheaded af.....lol

Yeah, it's one of those discs that I don't outright love, but that's simply because I like flippy or big wing... and I'm just sad it's not my FR Volt haha.. that said it's in the bag for a while. For me it's not the prettiest or longest but it's just damn consistent especially when I'm playing elsewhere that actually has wind. Nice shot shape.. And the speed rating is right in my wheelhouse. It's a smart disc and I'm not always smart.

WTH is army golf?

Bright colored Envy is the is my antidote to Army golf. Sometimes it just makes sense to slow down and take my medicine regardless how bitter it is.

Bright colored Envy is the is my antidote to Army golf. Sometimes it just makes sense to slow down and take my medicine regardless how bitter it is.

There are times I get that way too. Distance drivers aren't working. Club down to fairways. If it's still a bad day, the one disc I always know I can throw well is my Ion. Again, that's assuming I've got the brains to slow it down and smarten up haha.

I find some of these comments about the crave and servo kinda weird. There must be a lot of variance in them since I got the two I have. My bagged crave is from 2014 and its beat to hell but still doesn't really have any turn unless I give it some anhy or I throw it into a headwind. Its lost pretty much all its fade though. My backup is a year newer but flew exactly like the other did when it was new, 0 2. I got a servo right around the same time as my OG crave and it was more like a -1 3. All are the older stiff neutron they had back when their discs seasoned in a geologic timeframe.

The comparison I always made, was that the crave was like a champ tbird and the servo more like a champ eagle.

I find some of these comments about the crave and servo kinda weird. There must be a lot of variance in them since I got the two I have. My bagged crave is from 2014 and its beat to hell but still doesn't really have any turn unless I give it some anhy or I throw it into a headwind. Its lost pretty much all its fade though. My backup is a year newer but flew exactly like the other did when it was new, 0 2. I got a servo right around the same time as my OG crave and it was more like a -1 3. All are the older stiff neutron they had back when their discs seasoned in a geologic timeframe.

The comparison I always made, was that the crave was like a champ tbird and the servo more like a champ eagle.

I have a pretty new plasma crave, and I don't see much for turn out of it. I haven't taken it out in a field and absolutely mashed on it, but the way I use it and for how far I throw it (~300ish) it doesn't show much or any turn. Again, I usually only use it carving up the woods, so I'm hardly ever giving it more than 80%.

I have two craves. A Neutron and Sparkle Proton. The Proton is slightly less stable but still pretty much straight with fade unless I give it a ton of power (Around 350' on a good drive). Noth are around 175g. I was thinking of getting one that was around 162g, or 157g. Anyone with experiance on lighter weights and how they fly comparatively?

I have two craves. A Neutron and Sparkle Proton. The Proton is slightly less stable but still pretty much straight with fade unless I give it a ton of power (Around 350' on a good drive). Noth are around 175g. I was thinking of getting one that was around 162g, or 157g. Anyone with experiance on lighter weights and how they fly comparatively?

I carry (big bag at least) a 175 Proton and a 160 Proton for poor footing/tree I might smack my hand on with a follow through, etc. Definitely had a tick more turn and less fade but it wasn't a drastic difference. Easier to get up to speed, worth looking into! IIRC a few people around here really enjoy lighter ones

I've had a bunch, got a 162 proton that's wicked beefy, but that's not the norm from what I hear. I generally bag 160's, neutron a plasma, couple of eclipse SE's. Even my 152 plasma is pretty straight. I bag the eclipses because they seem to be the least stable. All mine are pretty similar except the freak proton, but I haven't thrown any heavy ones.

I have not noticed, on the several different Craves I have(had) owned, that the weight makes a big difference in HSS. The 150 class does seem a bit straighter, but not by a whole lot. The plastic type makes a bigger difference than the weight.

I do like 150 class Craves though. They are so much easier to get up to speed from a standstill or on awkward footing, yet not burn on a full power drive.

I have not noticed, on the several different Craves I have(had) owned, that the weight makes a big difference in HSS. The 150 class does seem a bit straighter, but not by a whole lot. The plastic type makes a bigger difference than the weight.

I do like 150 class Craves though. They are so much easier to get up to speed from a standstill or on awkward footing, yet not burn on a full power drive.

I can see that. Of all the pre dome drivers they have, the crave and volt are the ones that really show off the "forward penetrating fade" that MVP is/was known for early on. Once they started getting up to the Photon/Wave class and then with the domey 13s and 14s, there is a lot more lateral movement. A lighter Crave has enough of that gyro to keep it flying a bit more instead of stalling out and fading like a Tesla or Photon will. My first Wrath still had some of that also but couldn't find another like it after I finally derped it into a lake.

Crave is on my "maybe try out in 2021" list. Looking to test a slow, neutral fairway driver that can be a gap bridger between my mids and fast fairways. Is the Crave that disc? And if so, what plastic would be the straightest? Plasma?

Crave is on my "maybe try out in 2021" list. Looking to test a slow, neutral fairway driver that can be a gap bridger between my mids and fast fairways. Is the Crave that disc? And if so, what plastic would be the straightest? Plasma?

That is exactly what I use mine for. For reference, I have a 173 plasma, and can throw it about 300'. Probably could juice it farther but I've never really tried. I basically use it as a longer midrange.

That discs,at my speed, is a dead straight to slight fade disc.

That is exactly what I use mine for. For reference, I have a 173 plasma, and can throw it about 300'. Probably could juice it farther but I've never really tried. I basically use it as a longer midrange.

That discs,at my speed, is a dead straight to slight fade disc.

A longer Reactor? For a minimalist, can a Crave be powered down to replace a Reactor, or is that a better job for a Relay?

A longer Reactor? For a minimalist, can a Crave be powered down to replace a Reactor, or is that a better job for a Relay?

I can't exactly speak to that. Never thrown a reactor. But I'm guessing a relay would be better for that. What distance range are you looking at?

I throw Craves nearly as far as distance drivers. From my perspective, it's a flippy TL - venturing on Leopard3. The lighter, the more turn. I've carried in Eclipse, Neutron and Proton / Neutron blend - none were "straight". Definitely more of a line shaper. It's real good in the woods.