• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Clash

Don't this mold getting a lot of love from even the GYRO guys. I picked one up today with some left over script because it looked sick black core purple rim. I am currently throwing a lot of mvp and axiom stuff. will see how it flies for me.

I picked up a Clash because I recently started throwing the Proxy, Envy, Wrath, and Defy....all those discs have secured their spots in my bag. I use a Teebird for my stable fairway disc so I wanted to try the Clash. I wasn't a big fan. It's #'s are more like 6/4/-1/2 It does have immediate turn (on a flat throw) but does hook back, its like a fairwy version of a valkyrie. It's a nice disc, and with more work I could play it better, but just not even close to the trust I have with a Teebird and or a TL/FD.
I don't mind the feel of it, it's somewhat blunted. But I was not as impressed as I was with the other discs I bagged. Again, I think it's a unique disc as it has high speed turn but still has decent low speed fade, but I prefer something else usually.. this would be a good disc in the wood tho for line-shaping. I think thats what they were going for here was a line shaping fairway disc....its not bad at all. But i don't bag it usually unless I want to mix it up for fun

right now I have a have a resister for overstable stuff a crave for stable a inspire for slightly understable and a relay for understable. I hope the clash will be between the crave and the resister and be a good control fh disc.

finally got to throw my n clash. Threw it side by side with a new p crave. for me the clash had a bit more turn then the crave and had more fade then the crave. The clash didn't do anything for me on BH throw and I would more then likely chose the crave over the clash on 8 out of 10 throws. However I was getting some great line with the clash with my FH and could see the 2 splitting throws there.

for me the clash had a bit more turn then the crave and had more fade then the crave.
that's how it's advertised, it's got more work in both ends of stability than Crave. currently I don't bag a Crave at all (Relay instead), I use Clash for all stable fairway stuff... it's like a mini SOLF for me. seems to me like it'd be Eagle-X ish but I only ever jived with a super beat EX or an EL, whereas Clash really suited me.

Got a ~157g proton Clash for my wife as this is said to have more turn than a Crave with the fade of a overstable disc. She loves it! She gets a fair amount of turn and a controlled strong fade. She can hit the S she wants and carve through trees. She primarily uses a Crave for normal driving duties but also has the Clash, Signal, and Shock in her bag with a 155g Neutron Photon picking up headwind duties.

Which flies farther between the two, an Eagle X or Clash? Thinking about trying out a Clash but want to make sure it is worth it.

Hmm, good question. I've only thrown a Clash in Neutron but it flies similarly to a Star Eagle X. I'd guess that a Clash will go farther than those beefier Champ Eagles that don't glide as well but a S.EX and Clash would be close. I think the Eagle would go farther for most people but if you can activate the Gyro the difference would be negligible.

Hmm, good question. I've only thrown a Clash in Neutron but it flies similarly to a Star Eagle X. I'd guess that a Clash will go farther than those beefier Champ Eagles that don't glide as well but a S.EX and Clash would be close. I think the Eagle would go farther for most people but if you can activate the Gyro the difference would be negligible.

Good to know about Star and Neutron comparison.

More specifically, I can throw a slightly seasoned Star EX around 350-360(sometimes further) on a slight hyzer with it turning and fading, where will a Neutron Clash be with the same shot? Same? Shorter?

If the Clash is harder to get up to speed than Eagle due to the Clash's overmold, then I may be better off sticking with the EX. Also, if the Clash has less glide than an EX in similar plastics, then I will stick with the EX.

Last edited:
Both the Clash and the Crave go pretty far for their speed. I throw the Crave more than the Clash but when I do I wonder why I don't throw it more often

My Proton Clash was less glidey than my N Clashes. If you can find one with a little more rounded shoulder, it will fly closer to an Eagle X. Board flat ones fly more straight to fade without the turn.

Good to know about Star and Neutron comparison.

More specifically, I can throw a slightly seasoned Star EX around 350-360(sometimes further) on a slight hyzer with it turning and fading, where will a Neutron Clash be with the same shot? Same? Shorter?

If the Clash is harder to get up to speed than Eagle due to the Clash's overmold, then I may be better off sticking with the EX. Also, if the Clash has less glide than an EX in similar plastics, then I will stick with the EX.

I familiarized myself with my Clash today and threw it alongside some various Eagles. In your hypothetical the Clash (if it's like mine) will be a little shorter and a little more left of the seasoned Eagle. The biggest difference is that the Clash is more of a control driver that likes to hold a hyzer line more than most Eagles. It doesn't glide as well but if you like to throw everything hard it's a more predictable line shaper b/c it doesn't turn unpredictably as much as a beat EX does on an anny line (i.e. easier to throw tight flex shots with).

So if you want something easier to range at the expense of a little bit of D or glide the Clash might trip your trigger. Think of it as a more boring, uptight Eagle X. I don't love it in a FH grip but it's not too bad.

My only experience with the Clash was a sparkle I bought on release day. It wasn't what I was expecting, probly because it had that goofy late flip/turn that sparkle sometimes has. I've had several sparkle discs like this. A Wave, the clash, crave and a Tesla. The only sparkle I can recall having that flies pretty true to the chart, is the resistor I currently have. But even it had just a bit less of a dump fade than I remember my flat neutron did when it was new. Don't really remember looking for plh differences but most of them had a bit of a rounded shoulder compared to the flatter neutrons.