• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Almost. It's definitely easier to mash hard on than Anode/Ion.

It feels and has the HSS of a mid, with the LSS and finish of an OS putter. Has the range of a putter as well. I've never really popped it on a high anny flex shot, but I bet it would stretch out pretty far if one were to do that. I just don't see an occasion where I would need that shot...but never say never!

I think what I like best about the Envy is how quickly it snaps out the hand. Just feels like you're in control the whole time. Even with my BB Aviars, which are decently OS themselves, I feel like they can get squirrely on a drive or a power shot. I never have that issue with the Envy.

Now I'm trying to figure out which I like better...N or P.

I'm officially letting the envy vie for the putter spot. Has anyone made the switch from an ion to an envy? If so, did you find that dropping some weight was necessary/optimal, or play the fade a bit more...

Sank a ~50ft putt last night with the Envy, that fade is just so beautiful and predictable.

I can't wait for the soft Envys to come out, then I can drop the soft anode and use the Envy exclusively. :thmbup:

I'm officially letting the envy vie for the putter spot. Has anyone made the switch from an ion to an envy? If so, did you find that dropping some weight was necessary/optimal, or play the fade a bit more...

I think Mike C said he made that very switch, though he's using soft Ns. I'm pretty sure he said he went a bit lighter with the Envies, and had to adjust his putt a bit. It's back in this thread somewhere I think...

I putt with Anodes, soft P, and I can say that when I try a putt with my Envy, reg N, I tend to sail high. I think there'll be an adjustment if you try to switch, but it might be worth it, depending on how you grip your putter.

It feels and has the HSS of a mid, with the LSS and finish of an OS putter. Has the range of a putter as well.

I think what I like best about the Envy is how quickly it snaps out the hand. Just feels like you're in control the whole time.

Yeah, exactly. I don't seem to get any huge increase in D over Anodes, it's just that it's much easier to get out on a max D type throw, much more forgiving of my less than perfect form.

Someone else beat me to it, but yeah I did. It took a little getting used to because Ions / Anodes tend to drop more or less straight down when they die out on a putt, while the Envy will fade every time. I'm using a pair of 165's as my go to putters. I putted with a 168g Wizard for a year in the past, and used a 171g Ion for a few years, so I'm pretty used to putting with lighter putters.

For me it was worth it. They feel very comfortable in my putting grip and come out of my hand so clean. When I'm having a good day of putting it just feels so automatic with these.

Someone else beat me to it, but yeah I did. It took a little getting used to because Ions / Anodes tend to drop more or less straight down when they die out on a putt, while the Envy will fade every time. I'm using a pair of 165's as my go to putters. I putted with a 168g Wizard for a year in the past, and used a 171g Ion for a few years, so I'm pretty used to putting with lighter putters.

For me it was worth it. They feel very comfortable in my putting grip and come out of my hand so clean. When I'm having a good day of putting it just feels so automatic with these.

Cool thanks... We shall see how it goes... I love soft neutron to putt with, so it's an experiment with hope the softs are coming soon.

Picked up two identical Envy's yesterday. It's not very often I pick up a disc and instantly click but this is one of those times. I can throw this disc on about any line and it holds that line. I putt with Ions and have never felt comfortable driving with them off the tee. The Envy is another story. I can crank on this all day long and it can handle the power. What an amazing disc. I may still put with my Ions but the Envy is for sure going in the bag

Picked up a P Envy today on an impulse buy, and because it was beautiful. It feels much more natural for me to power grip than my Ions, which I prefer to fork grip unless I'm throwing a longer shot, just to get a more consistent release. It feels great in the hand, and is similar enough to my Zone that it feels right. As for it's flight, I would say after a short preliminary review that it seemed to have the stability of a fresh Z Hornet. I'm not sure of the disc's weight, because I forgot to check it at the shop, but it felt pretty light to me. I'll take a look later.

Average wind speeds were 25-30mph today, so I got a chance to see how it handled in the wind. The first thing I noticed was it's HSS, which was ample. I threw it hard into some strong gusts and it just went straight, ending maybe a hair's breadth to the right on some occasions. I had some 275' foot shots right into the wind, both hyzers and straight shots, and the disc didn't turn over. And yet, I was able to get it to hold some nice anhyzer lines as well. I'll have to do some more testing to see what this disc is capable of, but it seems like a great combination of versatility and stability, both high speed and low.

This is definitely a great mold. The feel of it makes you want to throw it hard, and it responds well to power. I'm not sure if it will make the bag, since I'm not giving up the Ions and the Zone covers a lot of shots I'd use the Envy for, but it is definitely a really fun disc to throw.

Tossed the Envy back in the bag this week after having issues driving my Judge (beads and I don't mix). Forgot how fun this disc is, and how long it is. Needs some height to do it, but this thing gets out there for sure. It'll stay in the bag this time, especially since it's been a little breezier in these parts of late.

Much more shallow and compact feeling in a driving grip, and better D off the tee. More comfortable for flicks.

Loved mine from the start, and still like it more and more with every round.

The top of my MVP/Axiom wishlist now might be a S/US envy, like Anode stability if not a bit more US. (It might take me getting to retirement age for the envy to beat into this.) If they do put one out eventually and do it right, I could almost not bag a single mid.

Much more shallow and compact feeling in a driving grip, and better D off the tee. More comfortable for flicks.

I'm not a great flicker, but the Envy, Tensor, Alias and Tangent have all been working out pretty well for me lately. I'd say it really started with the comfort level I felt with the Envy.

I've been experimenting with it as a putter with different weights. The extra fade over an Ion takes some getting used to. Not sure I'll make the switch just yet since I prefer the soft feel of the Ions. So, I'm (im)patiently waiting for a soft neutron or proton option to be available. Until then, still doing very well with the Ions compared to non-MVP putters I've used.

And, for driving, the Envy just kicks butt, plain and simple. Love it.

I've been experimenting with it as a putter with different weights. The extra fade over an Ion takes some getting used to. Not sure I'll make the switch just yet since I prefer the soft feel of the Ions. So, I'm (im)patiently waiting for a soft neutron or proton option to be available. Until then, still doing very well with the Ions compared to non-MVP putters I've used.

And, for driving, the Envy just kicks butt, plain and simple. Love it.

My exact thoughts

Latest posts