• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

You seen the long pad on that hole? It makes the easiest hole on the course pretty damn tough. Way back and super tight.

You seen the long pad on that hole? It makes the easiest hole on the course pretty damn tough. Way back and super tight.

Yeah, most of the longs on that course change it up quite a bit. I haven't been back there since all the snow melted. Gonna have to change that up within the next few weeks. Leaves are starting to grow on the trees now, so it'll be a totally different experience than in the winter. (Hello allergies! ...ugh...)

I'm loving the alias(I even putt with it some) but haven't tried the envy. For those of you that bag both, when would you reach for the envy over the alias(besides putting).

I'm loving the alias(I even putt with it some) but haven't tried the envy. For those of you that bag both, when would you reach for the envy over the alias(besides putting).

The Envy is an OS putter. The best comparison I have is, it's like if a Rhyno woke up one morning with the same overstability, but with penetrating glide.

So, it'll be a bit slower than the Alias, with pronounced fade in comparison.

The Envy is an OS putter. The best comparison I have is, it's like if a Rhyno woke up one morning with the same overstability, but with penetrating glide.

So, it'll be a bit slower than the Alias, with pronounced fade in comparison.

I think the Rhyno is a good comparison...The Envy has a lower profile and larger diameter which is where it gets the glide/carry advantage.

I think the Rhyno is a good comparison...The Envy has a lower profile and larger diameter which is where it gets the glide/carry advantage.

I think the Envy is less OS than a Rhyno, but maybe that's also due to the the fact where a fresh Rhyno has that dumpy sort of fade, where I've noticed the Envy has that classic MVP forward penetrating fade...more like a shorter Tensor. My Ps seem to hold their overstability just a bid longer, where my Ns have seemed to hold their HSS but have a little less fade over time. I use them a lot, especially on shorter holes with a lower cieling. Envies don't need the same height that something like a Rhyno would. Still need some height, it is a putter after all, but can keep lower lines.

I think the Envy is less OS than a Rhyno, but maybe that's also due to the the fact where a fresh Rhyno has that dumpy sort of fade, where I've noticed the Envy has that classic MVP forward penetrating fade...more like a shorter Tensor. My Ps seem to hold their overstability just a bid longer, where my Ns have seemed to hold their HSS but have a little less fade over time. I use them a lot, especially on shorter holes with a lower cieling. Envies don't need the same height that something like a Rhyno would. Still need some height, it is a putter after all, but can keep lower lines.

Exactly. The place where I see a more pronounced difference between the Envy and Rhyno are on annys, espicially higher ones. The Envy's not bad at these shots, seems like if thrown hard it can hold some of those lines well, where the Rhyno fights out faster if not harder. The biggest adjustment I've had from the Rhyno is on shorter anny approaches, the ranging between the two is pretty different, where the Rhyno has that thing where you can sort of crank it and it just dies, where the same throw with an Envy will stay up longer, penetrate, and blow by, until you get used to it.

I'd say that the Rhyno is more of a specialized/situational tool and the Envy a more well-rounded/versatile tool. The Envy can do most of what a Rhyno does, albeit not quite as well. However, the Rhyno cannot do much of what an Envy can.

I'd say that the Rhyno is more of a specialized/situational tool and the Envy a more well-rounded/versatile tool. The Envy can do most of what a Rhyno does, albeit not quite as well. However, the Rhyno cannot do much of what an Envy can.

Well said. I still have my oldest disc, a * Rhyno, in the bag, for basically one shot, the 45 deg tommy approach/pancake shot, which I can do with the Envy, but the angles/snap are different to get the desired shot, and I'm still dialing in the Envy for that one.

Envy and Rhyno are the two putters I carry now. I use the Rhyno for approaches when there's a penalty for being too long. But I am getting better with the gentle hyzer approach with the Envy. Nailed this the other day on Bradford #12.

I still plan to replace the Rhyno with a Zone probably because my champ Rhyno is just too hard and uncomforatable but I think everyone probably needs that one disc that just dumps out hard.

I'm officially letting the envy vie for the putter spot. Has anyone made the switch from an ion to an envy? If so, did you find that dropping some weight was necessary/optimal, or play the fade a bit more...

I switched from the Ion as well, the Envy was an all around better disc in my opinion. I liked it better for drives and approaches as well as putting. I dropped a few grams for the two I use for putting but the one I drive with is the same weight as my Ions were. I really wish I could get my hands on some of the soft neutron but I have no idea where I could get some.

^^^ I have an envy in my bag and putt with it no windy days, drives, s shorts or hyzer digs. Otherwise it did not displace the Ion. For me grabbing the Ion is like putting on an old glove.

So for the better part of two weeks I have only putted with the envy. It has already proved to handle wind, power and consistency (for me) better than the ion. I love the ion but yesterday I played a alias/envy round x2 and shot really well. The 20 footers were near automatic and the predictable fade and heavy drop and sit of the envy out past 50ft showed me why it is a practical and logical switch. I am just as comfortable putting with either but the ion has a tendency for my spin putt style to over glide and miss when I am running a 35+ putt. The envy does not have the same legs and thus left me with tap ins for pars vice long par saves. I feel more confident with the predictability of the envy. The 169 proton putted and drove so well yesterday, it finally clicked with me and I am committing to it indefinitely. Please release the soft neutrons!!!

I really like the Envy as a driving putter too. It's great in the hands and I can putt so well with it. It could eventually replace my Anode as my go-to putter.

So for the better part of two weeks I have only putted with the envy. It has already proved to handle wind, power and consistency (for me) better than the ion. I love the ion but yesterday I played a alias/envy round x2 and shot really well. The 20 footers were near automatic and the predictable fade and heavy drop and sit of the envy out past 50ft showed me why it is a practical and logical switch. I am just as comfortable putting with either but the ion has a tendency for my spin putt style to over glide and miss when I am running a 35+ putt. The envy does not have the same legs and thus left me with tap ins for pars vice long par saves. I feel more confident with the predictability of the envy. The 169 proton putted and drove so well yesterday, it finally clicked with me and I am committing to it indefinitely. Please release the soft neutrons!!!

Next time we shoot envy/alias/crave round!! Or just envies!!!

I've been auditioning a 165P and a 170N Envy for the bag, like everyone else. Ha. It's pretty tempting like Discspeed said it can do things a Rhyno can't and it's a great all round disc. If I can get it dialed in like my Anodes it will become the disc for me. It would eliminate my needs for the Rhyno, Anode, Tensor etc... it's just so nice to play one disc rounds with, that's the same way the Tangent snuck into my bag.

Figured I would post some discussion from the VIP lounge here as it applies...

Tbird- Threw the envy for the first round today. Its for sure different than the Ion but not by much really in the flight and wasn't sold at all on it for putting. I used it like I would normally throw my Alias and basically was the same but slower. Fun 1 disc round kind of mold but not sure it will make the bag. I like the faster profile of a alias with the similar flight. Thanks again!!

I got a few throws in with the Envy that I won from one of those Axiom Discs drawings on Facebook, and I didn't think it was all that overstable. I would say it was stable, but definitely not overstable. Thrown with good spin and clean form, it had exceptional glide, but very little fade. I don't see mine making the bag, but it is definitely one of the prettiest discs I have ever seen. Like Aim said, it would make a fun disc for a 1-disc round.

Note: Mine was marked at 165g which may contribute to it not being overstable.

Same here. I was hoping for a lot more LSS actually given the reviews and am surprised by the "glide" comments as I found it to be much less so than my Ions or even a summit/aviar like putter too for that matter. I found myself putting a lot more effort into the envy but see how it could be a superior spin putter style putter. Mine is a little heavier and still didn't have much LSS but wonder if some of the max weights would. My ions are 178g.

Latest posts