• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Just have to drop more love. The wht/wht Envy I've had for a couple months is getting reeeally seasoned, and all it's doing is mellowing out the LSS more and more. If it keeps going, this thing will be a laser eventually...but still uber HSS, even when I OAT it some with my patented lazy low follow through.

The Envy is taking more and more drives from my Anodes...especially this windy spring. It has been absolute $$$. When I first put it in my bag to test I figured I would be having to look for opportunities on 2nd shots to throw it, but lately I've been reaching for the Envy more and more. It was easy to compare to some other discs at first, but now I'm getting familiar it's in a class of it's own. I've never had a dedicated "approach" disc, but that is what it is becoming for me...If I want to try and make it I throw my Anode, if I want it under the basket I throw my Envy.

yeah I have a "getting beat in" 175 envy and it's super straight! Like no fade at 260-300' power. It's perfect for tunnel shots! It's starting to be more and more putter like though, meaning it isn't coming out of an anny much anymore. It just stays on whatever line you put it on which if your form is off is a problem... But nice and clean form... it's a point and shoot disc with no worry of turning. It reminds me of how my ROC break in. They loose their HSS before their LSS. Just what I was hoping for!

Ok, I am going to try sampling the MVP line again. I had Ions bagged for a while, but was terribly inconsistent with them. IMO it was a grip issue. I'd make some great laser beam throws for me, and then have a bunch of less than great throws. The Envy sounds like it will be more comfortable in my hand. Plus I like having something a little more OS than the Pures I am throwing. Especially in the wind or off the tee for some shots. So a handful of Envy's are on the way from Marshall St. I'll report back after I have thrown them a little. If nothing else they look good.

Threw a 164 and 173 Envy a bunch today. Nice disc. The 164 was in the Neutron plastic I think. The solid color. The 173 was Proton. The clear version. The 164 was easy to turn, but with enough height it would try to fight back. The 173 was pretty much laser straight. I really like the feel and flight. I putted with the 164 and did fine. I normally use a Swan so the extra stability was different, but not too bad. So far I really like it. I'll bag them for a few weeks and see how it goes. I need a day with more wind to really test it out. Really want it to be a good stable approach and tee shot.

Threw a 164 and 173 Envy a bunch today. Nice disc. The 164 was in the Neutron plastic I think. The solid color. The 173 was Proton. The clear version. The 164 was easy to turn, but with enough height it would try to fight back. The 173 was pretty much laser straight. I really like the feel and flight. I putted with the 164 and did fine. I normally use a Swan so the extra stability was different, but not too bad. So far I really like it. I'll bag them for a few weeks and see how it goes. I need a day with more wind to really test it out. Really want it to be a good stable approach and tee shot.

Nice. What did you use before the swan? Its the one euro putter that I have never had a chance to throw outside of some of the really new stuff. Not sure if you heard but WS designer said at the GBO he is bringing back the original swan1 or whatever it was later this year. The envy won't be kicking the ion out of the bag for me but your initial review seems pretty true to its design. I really wish it had a touch more LSS but then again the current stability makes it a useful "putting" putter as well so understand why the first axiom putter wasn't a zone. The envy reminds me a lot (not in feel) but in flight of my old beat up SP/AP sinus which never lost much of their HSS ever but wouldn't fade so hard either. Great all around single disc to throw for a small bag really a lot like how a pure can be.

From what I can tell throwing it in some huge winds is there is a noticeable amount of less carry than a ion or anode which took getting used to but also fairs well for "spin" putters in those conditions as well overall I think it makes a better spin style putter. Look forward to hearing how the next few weeks go!

Last edited:
Does anyone throwing the Envy have experience with the old Evo-HPP Wizards? The CE/Star like stuff that is indestructible. If so, how do they compare? I am down to ONE Wizard for upshots, and it is my most used and favorite disc. Tired of hunting for OOP replacements that are impossible to find.

Does anyone throwing the Envy have experience with the old Evo-HPP Wizards? The CE/Star like stuff that is indestructible. If so, how do they compare? I am down to ONE Wizard for upshots, and it is my most used and favorite disc. Tired of hunting for OOP replacements that are impossible to find.

Well the Ion is more of a wizard really in that sense but the inside feel of the wizard is similar to that of the envy. MVP plastic is stupid tough basically proton = champ | neutron = star and if you have a chance to feel them both that's what I would suggest doing. After never trying a wizard until after I threw the Ion for a long time it felt very weird to me and hated the softer plastics so if you like the premi stuff I cant say you would be disappointed in any of the MVP putters really.

with the new neutron plastic being a little softer and tackier overall I would say yes unless you are using soft proton.

Proton still has a little more gloss to it throughout its life too where neutron will become duller and slightly different texture IMO. Silk vs Cotton kind of lol both comfortable and great depending on your style!

now if soft neutron would just hit production sooner than later. . . my envy is pretty dang flexible though I was really surprised! Soft N just has the buttery feel though and makes a great in the circle putter.

Last edited:
^ x2 on producing Soft N sooner than later. I'd love to have an Envy in Soft N. I had my first experience with Soft N after I managed to pick up a couple Soft N Ions last week and man I see why everybody loves it.

Nice. What did you use before the swan? Its the one euro putter that I have never had a chance to throw outside of some of the really new stuff. Not sure if you heard but WS designer said at the GBO he is bringing back the original swan1 or whatever it was later this year. The envy won't be kicking the ion out of the bag for me but your initial review seems pretty true to its design. I really wish it had a touch more LSS but then again the current stability makes it a useful "putting" putter as well so understand why the first axiom putter wasn't a zone. The envy reminds me a lot (not in feel) but in flight of my old beat up SP/AP sinus which never lost much of their HSS ever but wouldn't fade so hard either. Great all around single disc to throw for a small bag really a lot like how a pure can be.

From what I can tell throwing it in some huge winds is there is a noticeable amount of less carry than a ion or anode which took getting used to but also fairs well for "spin" putters in those conditions as well overall I think it makes a better spin style putter. Look forward to hearing how the next few weeks go!

I have used the Swan for about three years. I have 7 of the Swan2's in the 'good' plastic. Which for me is the version before the BT Soft. IMO the BT is a little too soft. Before the Swan I threw Wizards. I think I could put with any of them after a little time, but the Swan has been great for me on the longer putts and short approaches. I pretty much throw it 100' and in if I am running the chains. Plus Swans don't roll easily or often. That is crucial for me. I like a putter that just sits down on an approach.

i feel the opto pure/zero pure combo is much, much better for a small bag than the envy.

that said, i bought another envy and took it out for a spin. i like it. i putt well with it, but it isn't quite as magical as the soft proton anode was today. maybe if they make soft proton envies. i love that i can pinch down and really get some major finger spring.

i have to say after revisiting the envy that i was wrong when i tried it this winter. it really is a great tweener style disc, and it goes stupid far. very similar to a ridge in stability, but definitely longer. it's taking shots away from my ghosts. i think if you're wanting a minimalist bag the opto pure would be a better call, but i think an envy/anode combo is pretty beastly. i was working it today with great results.

Latest posts