• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Fireball

Wow so no action here in 2.5yrs!!! Does the fireball suck that bad? Is it flying under the radar?

I've heard good things about it, I was looking at some recent restocks and there's a couple 155's available so my choice of plastic.. I'm thinking plasma and hope it's less OS but just as wind resistant.

I thought I'd stop in here and do some research but it's pretty stale info :D

I'm a Fireball thrower. I do have some '22 Firebirds, but my 18 month old Neutron Fireball is more reliable. I picked up a backup recently and it seems just as good. Haven't tossed a Plasma.

Staple in my bag. I use the Firebirds for glow, but they break in quickly and can turn over into a headwind.

Wow so no action here in 2.5yrs!!! Does the fireball suck that bad? Is it flying under the radar?

I've heard good things about it, I was looking at some recent restocks and there's a couple 155's available so my choice of plastic.. I'm thinking plasma and hope it's less OS but just as wind resistant.

I thought I'd stop in here and do some research but it's pretty stale info :D

I recently bagged a 161 gram fireball and threw all of my firebirds away (gave them away actually). If the plasma is any less stable I can't really detect it. I threw it off of a 600 foot downhill shot (probably 75-100 feet of elevation change) with a 10-15mph headwind. Thrown directly into the wind with about 350-370 feet of power and it never once wiggled or turned. Just straight then dumped HARD into the ground. It came down nearly vertical and left my hand completely flat.

This disc is everything that my firebirds never were. I will not go back especially after throwing a star firebird (brand new) that turned over on this same hole. Innova seems to have little consistency lately.

The fireball is also money thrown forehand. I can just lob stuff out there straight and I know its going to get the distance and then fade hard.

Staple in my bag. I use the Firebirds for glow, but they break in quickly and can turn over into a headwind.

This disc is everything that my firebirds never were. I will not go back especially after throwing a star firebird (brand new) that turned over on this same hole. Innova seems to have little consistency lately.

You fellas obviously got the wrong Firebird if you're turning them over. Flat, pearly champions don't let me down.

i have a neutron & a proton; the neutron started the same stability as the proton, but after a few years it is definably less stable than the proton and goes further (lost some hss & lss).
i'm sure moose has been in this thread & said if you want to replace your flat firebirds get a flare, but if you want something like a stock firebird get a fireball; tho i think these are a touch longer (9.5).

Thanks! Ok so leaning 158 neutron, I was trying to fill the bag with tesla's but hit a light to moderate headwind yesterday. The stiffest tesla I was packing (fresh 164 fission) did well but it flew dead straight, usually it hooks up pretty hard. If there was more wind I would be disappointed for sure. Damn thing rolled down the hill too and lost some skins.

i have a neutron & a proton; the neutron started the same stability as the proton, but after a few years it is definably less stable than the proton and goes further (lost some hss & lss).
i'm sure moose has been in this thread & said if you want to replace your flat firebirds get a flare, but if you want something like a stock firebird get a fireball; tho i think these are a touch longer (9.5).

Are you finding this to hold up still? I've tried some proton molds that end up less OS to start and if it's negligible I'll just stick with neutron fireballs. I recently grabbed a Neutron Fireball a few weeks ago, really liked it when thrown head to head vs the Fbs I usually bag. Quite a bit more OS than my '22 sextons, closer to my worn flat 11x champ. I'd love to have a slower changing backup in the bag.

Are you finding this to hold up still? I've tried some proton molds that end up less OS to start and if it's negligible I'll just stick with neutron fireballs. I recently grabbed a Neutron Fireball a few weeks ago, really liked it when thrown head to head vs the Fbs I usually bag. Quite a bit more OS than my '22 sextons, closer to my worn flat 11x champ. I'd love to have a slower changing backup in the bag.
i don't bag the proton (flare in the bag), so i'm unsure how it is seasoning. the neutron is still in the bag and has developed a bit more turn, but it's retaining a good reliable forward fade. my most accurate shot 260-320ft is straight to fade, so i generally replace discs in this slot that develop turn; i did replace it with a swirl z raptor for a bit until i lost it; the raptor had a pretty similar flight to the fresh n fireball. i have my eye on a swirly esp raptor, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
i kinda forgot i have that proton. i'll dig it out & give it some tosses. i think it's too slick for winter golf tho.

i don't bag the proton (flare in the bag), so i'm unsure how it is seasoning. the neutron is still in the bag and has developed a bit more turn, but it's retaining a good reliable forward fade. my most accurate shot 260-320ft is straight to fade, so i generally replace discs in this slot that develop turn; i did replace it with a swirl z raptor for a bit until i lost it; the raptor had a pretty similar flight to the fresh n fireball. i have my eye on a swirly esp raptor, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
i kinda forgot i have that proton. i'll dig it out & give it some tosses. i think it's too slick for winter golf tho.

I forgot about streamline discs, did you switch to the flare for more stability?

I forgot about streamline discs, did you switch to the flare for more stability?
yes. it's a faf fb in production, so i've got 3 (2 with a cool robot stamp from infinite). the one in the bag is only a little less stable than the others after 3 years.
as for the proton fireball, i couldn't find it for my last outing (i may own too many discs), but found it last night by finally looking in my seldom used cart.

got out yesterday & did a proton vs neutron head to head round on my short course (all 220-320ft). as i expected the proton is more stable, but less stable than i remember; that proton does have some wear, so it's beat to a nice spot right now (for me), just a bit slick & stiff for the wintertime hands. if i remember, i'll put it in the bag for summertime. alternating 1st throw between the 2 and i seemed to adjust on the 2nd throw because it would almost always be closer to the pin no matter the disc; one time ended up on top of each other (makin minis).
i also found my le plasma motion while going through my mvp stuff, so i took that out & threw it a few times with the fireballs. it is less beat in & so quite a bit more stable than the proton fireball, but flying about the same distance & hooking hard at the end. i may put it in the bag; the problem with the p fireball & the motion is they are blurple, which can be hard to find in lowlight situations that are more common in the wintertime. my n fireball is yellow/chartreuse & easily spotted in dim light.

I got a proton fireball for comparison and it has a touch of dome where the neutron is board flat. The flight is basically identical, both are so new there is no observable flight difference. I am looking forward to adding a bit of wear so the neutron gets longer, to make carrying both worth it. Overall a great mold in both plastics, I like the slight dome of the proton ever so slightly more.

Last edited:
I got a proton fireball for comparison and it has a touch of dome where the neutron is board flat. The flight is basically identical, both are so new there is no observable flight difference. I am looking forward to adding a bit of wear so the neutron gets longer, to make carrying both worth it. Overall a great mold in both plastics, I like the slight dome of the proton ever so slightly more.

You ever try a plasma? Still beefy but with some turn.

Latest posts