• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Fireball

is that a stock stamp neutron fireball? didn't get any of the protons but seems MVP/Axiom dial in molds given the plastic and runs so I would expect the recent ones to be as-is pictured with the higher PLH. that N fireball looks like a freak! Never gave much love but might need to revisit if that's the proton profiles for good.

Last edited:
Proton Fireball? My interest in this mold has been reignited.

is that a stock stamp neutron fireball? didn't get any of the protons but seems MVP/Axiom dial in molds given the plastic and runs so I would expect the recent ones to be as-is pictured with the higher PLH. that N fireball looks like a freak! Never gave much love but might need to revisit if that's the proton profiles for good.

Yea, my tester is a stock stamp. I've only seen my version of the Neutron, so maybe it's mine that's weird and most of them are like the Proton pic. ???

Would like to hear some Proton Fireball reviews here.

It took forever, but I was able to throw today, and test out the Proton Fireball.

Beef. Beef. Beef. That's all you really need to know.

I like the workable overstability of the Neutron version more than this offering. The Proton is so much more OS that it's like a different mold. I wish I had still had the Motion to compare it to, but I'd put it in the same category, even moving toward the Phase end of the spectrum. :eek:

For an arm like me, you can only bag so many OS discs. I'll stick with the Neutron. For big arms, torque monkeys, or FH's, this might be more enticing.

It took forever, but I was able to throw today, and test out the Proton Fireball.

Beef. Beef. Beef. That's all you really need to know.

I like the workable overstability of the Neutron version more than this offering. The Proton is so much more OS that it's like a different mold. I wish I had still had the Motion to compare it to, but I'd put it in the same category, even moving toward the Phase end of the spectrum. :eek:

For an arm like me, you can only bag so many OS discs. I'll stick with the Neutron. For big arms, torque monkeys, or FH's, this might be more enticing.

I think your Neutron is a fluke bc the two Dragon stamped I've thrown have been MEGA beef as well. Easily FB-esque.

It's likely, Jamie. You saw the pic above, and the flight of my N is comfortably overstable. But this Proton wants to go left as soon as it leaves the hand.

I held a Proton Fireball yesterday and it was concave flat.

Also had a crazy grey - swirly overmold.

the fireball has won a slot in the bag for me. held up great the other day in some very strong winds. nice skips out of it too. i won't need it a ton around here but there are days it will come in handy.

I held a Proton Fireball yesterday and it was concave flat.

Also had a crazy grey - swirly overmold.

I just found a few of these at the shop. How fast would you compare these too? I want a slower OS disc to try out.

I guess because of the (cheesy) name its "comparable" to a firebird? That'd be cool

The grey swirl over mold looks awesome.

Latest posts