• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Fireball

VERY pleased with the Fireball. Mine is near max weight, and I've been throwing it against a max weight Motion previously owned by MikeC himself. Motion is still more OS than the Fireball. The Fireball is more in my short arm/thick trunk (i.e. low power) wheelhouse. I'll have the review video up sometime tonight.

If you're and above average player, but not near pro level, I would suggest the Fireball over the Motion or even a Firebird. I have to give mine away (watch the video on how to win it...YES it's a dragon stamp!) but I may just order another one from Infinite. Great disc.

Fireball is a sweet disc and one I think was needed in the gyro line up. I'm a Firebird guy and I doubt any disc will ever kick that out of the bag but the Fireball is fun to throw. It doesn't do as much as a Firebird will. I couldn't trust it on low lines or point and shoot shots as much but man it holds a beautiful hyzer. If you like throwing hyzers this is the disc. Smooth release and never really veers off line. Doesn't seem to get caught up and go too far left (RHBH) ever. Nice disc.

Last edited:
As always, I'm looking to condense my bag. Giving thought to replacing my Crush/Firebird combo with an in between like the Fireball. I really like the colors of the Axiom discs and I have always benefited from having a more simple bag. Three questions:

1. Will the Fireball be a good 'in between' of the Crush and Firebird.
2. Is Axiom a Michigan based company like MVP?
3. Does the Fireball produce a good OS skip?

Thanks to anyone that can chime in here.

Last edited:
As always, I'm looking to condense my bag. Giving thought to replacing my Crush/Firebird combo with an in between like the Fireball. I really like the colors of the Axiom discs and I have always benefited from having a more simple bag. Three questions:

1. Will the Fireball be a good 'in between' of the Crush and Firebird.
2. Is Axiom a Michigan based company like MVP?
3. Does the Fireball produce a good OS skip?

Thanks to anyone that can chime in here.

Yes.
Yep. Same facility and order contacts.
Yeah its OS no doubt.

Yes.
Yep. Same facility and order contacts.
Yeah its OS no doubt.

Everything I needed to know. :thmbup:

Plus, I like the idea of adding another manufacturer to my bag to mix things up even more. I'll have a Prodigy/Discraft/MVP/Axiom/Innova bag. Nice.

Last edited:
The fireball may not skip as well as a Motion, but not by much. I haven't personally thrown one, but played a couple rounds with a guy that uses them a lot. Also the fireball plastic is a little gummy compared to a motion, which may be the reason it doesn't have the same lateral skipping ability. The Motion is stiff and skips like crazy, but is very OS. I carry a 169 Motion to take a little of the beef out of it, so mine is probably similar to a max weight fireball(flight wise).

I was hoping the Fireball would feel like my Resistors. The neutron plastic on my Resistors is very stiff, not gummy at all.

Ordered an awesome looking Fireball this morning so I'll be able to test it next weekend. If it doesn't work out I may give a Motion a try. I really like the Axiom color options so I hope the Fireball is what I'm looking for.

Just got the Fireball in the mail. Really good looking disc but I already know I won't throw it. The plastic is way too gummy. Nothing like my Neutron Resistors. Not sure what to do with this one.

Give it a try. The Fireball replaced my Resistor. You might like it.

This disc is amazing! It's (in my opinion) is a much better Firebird. It's just a little bit more glidey and long, but it can still be . If you throw it on a flat/anny line, you can get some distance, but if you throw it on a hyzer, it's dumping left (RHBH). Amazing disc!

This disc is amazing! It's (in my opinion) is a much better Firebird. It's just a little bit more glidey and long, but it can still be . If you throw it on a flat/anny line, you can get some distance, but if you throw it on a hyzer, it's dumping left (RHBH). Amazing disc!

1. Go Blue!

2. I really prefer stiffer plastic, especially for my FH's. I'm leaning towards ordering a Motion since I've read people describing them as a stiffer Neutron.

If newer run there is a possibility it wont any stiffer. my older motions are though for sure vs the run of fireballs.

I just bought a new N Motion as a backup to my original and they feel the same. Older one is orange, new one pink.

That doesnt mean its a new run though which is what i am referring to. You can find Einstein motions still for sale but im curious if new from factory are of thr newer neutron blend. I felt some really nice proton volts the other day looking forward to ordering aug. Releases and seeing where plastic is. Fireballs felt pretty nice but still softer then i thought it would be when claims where it was firmed up a little.

Proton Fireball is sweet. A little firmer and tacky as you'd want. Can't wait to throw one of these. Got my eye on a 153. Awesome

N Fireball on the left. P on the right. I haven't had a chance to throw this yet, but it looks and feels like a different disc. I even checked the overmold to see if it was a Fireball. The P is like a Resistor, flat as...fudge. The N has a little bit of a sloping rim, plus the obvious PLH difference.

Is anyone else seeing such a difference? If I still had my Motion, I would have compared the two, but I'm wondering what happened here.

I don't know, but I like flat. I find flat discs easier to control nose angle. I think that is why I have not got along well with my first run volts

Latest posts