• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axiom/ MVP only bag

here is a thread from last month...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119363

I throw all kinds of different MVP/axiom set ups given the day really and its a blast.

My core molds are Ion, Vector, Relay, Volt

I bag a proxy, theory, tangent, crave, virus, tesla, motion, photon, orbital depending on the bag I carry or course im playing as well as conditions.

Always messing around with the new stuff. Beat up anode is a great throwing putter... atoms are fun to mess with.. the best part of MVP/Axiom only bags is the similar feel across different unique models and some pretty rock solid consistency.

I'm currently building a bag and it will come close. But still A LOT of throwing to do, discs to buy, and discs to be released from Gryo for this to fully happen.

I'll bite. I tried the Ion when MVP first hit the market. Didn't care for it. Then I bought 2 glow mids from DGCR as a matter of fact. The Axis and Vector. Like the feel but both are heavier than I like. Last year I played the Circuit Series. Loved the Atom right from the get go. And in fact it now has a place in the bag to compliment my Wizard. Again the mid, the Tangent(?), was a lot heavier than I like. In Plasma plastic theTangent was far and away the prettiest of the bunch. Unfortunately it found the water on the last hole of the event. Too bad, it would adorning my living room had it made it home. The third disc from the series, the Relay felt great and flew as expected straight and long with a gentle fade; a replacement for my Leopard? I threw the Relay well enough to win a CTP and won a Wave. I've had some success with the Wave as a long flying slightly understable distance driver and maybe a replacement for my Crank. The Relay like the mids was heavier than I like. And finally, I played Stokely's Blue Power thing. Being a devoted Discraft Flick thrower I chose the Phase for my player's pack. Wickedly OS, and much to much for my noodle arm.

All that said, I did fall in love with the feel of the current offerings from MVP. And although the Phase was too much, MVP makes a little brother called the Motion. And even better the Motion comes in light weights! OS perfection and a permanent spot in the bag.

Blah, blah, blah...

I think this week I'll give it a try. Here's the lineup:

Wave
Motion
Relay
Axis
Vector
Atom

I think that can work.

I am a fan of a MVP's discs. Although I won't permanently limit my bag to just one manufacturer, I recently threw an MVP/Axiom round.

I brought, Axiom Proxy, MVP Atom, MVP Axis and Vector, Axiom Clash, MVP Inertia and MVP Wave. The conditions were perfect, no wind. I ended up throwing a personal best that round on one of our local courses.

There's simply too many discs out there for me to go exclusively MVP/Axiom, but 8 of the 16 discs in my bag are MVP/Axiom, so not too bad. The ones I've got are Ion, Soft Envy, Tangent, Alias, Volt, Inertia, Servo, and Switch. Of those, my favorites are the Ion, Envy, and Volt. The Ion is the putter, I LOVE the Envy for putter drives and forehand approaches, and the Volt will always be my go to straight line driver. But so far, nothing out there has come close to replacing my Zone.

I'm close.

Anode
Envy x2, soft & watermelon
Vector
Inspire
Crave
Resistor
Amp
1st run 167 volt..money
Plasma volt
Wave x2..168 & 175
N. Photon
Fission photon

My non Mvp that I can't replace with an mvp versions are Blizzard Boss, Blizzard Katana x2, preflight beat wraith, glow Truth am a comet.

Latest posts