• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axiom Time-Lapse Distance Driver

If it's a stock run, I can get turn at 400' of power on the stock run but not really at all on the L2.
Interesting. I'll probably end up getting a stock run eventually either way, but I'll give the L2 a test drive first.

Finally tried a Time Lapse. Normal model (not first run). Good dome. Disc definitely isn't flat like many Axiom/MVP drivers are. 173g.

I decided to test the Time Lapse both in the field and on the course. To make things fair I put it up against a Cloudbreaker, Zeus, and star Destroyer. Long story short, the Time Lapse was easily the worst performing of the 4. Even head to head against an ESP Anax the Time Lapse lost out fairly easily on distance. Anax glided better and stayed straighter way longer.

This disc is sluggish, clunky, and seems slower than speed 12. It refuses to glide, and flies... "ponderously". Simply put, I wasn't impressed... at all. The Time Lapse came out of my hand well, but didn't want to penetrate or catch any air. It flies like a dinner plate, and looks for the ground quickly. It isn't that the disc is brutishly overstable. It'll actually turn a smidge on hard releases. Compared to those other, similar drivers it was about 20' shorter. Fade is average, but comes pretty early in flight. The Time Lapse didn't want to hold an anny line either, even if I forced the disc over hard. No good flex on any shots. Disc would start wanting to dump left fairly quickly.

Top distance with the Time Lapse was maybe 400'. It felt like I had to savage my arm to reach that. This disc is a f'ing CHORE to throw, and reminds me a lot of a proto Kong (another fairly lousy performer). The disc is slow, glides terribly, and doesn't want to stay in the air.

IDK if I got an anomalous disc here, but this Time Lapse is more like an XCaliber or something.

Time Lapse: 11, 4, -0.5, 3. Slow, glideless, beefy. I'd call this disc a terrible disappointment. No fun to throw. Even the tosses I felt like I murdered were limp and fairly short. The Zenith I threw last week was loads better than the Time Lapse. No free distance here. The Time Lapse will make you BRUTALLY fight for every inch you achieve with it.

This disc is sluggish, clunky, and seems slower than speed 12. It refuses to glide, and flies... "ponderously". Simply put, I wasn't impressed... at all. The Time Lapse came out of my hand well, but didn't want to penetrate or catch any air. It flies like a dinner plate, and looks for the ground quickly. It isn't that the disc is brutishly overstable. It'll actually turn a smidge on hard releases. Compared to those other, similar drivers it was about 20' shorter. Fade is average, but comes pretty early in flight. The Time Lapse didn't want to hold an anny line either, even if I forced the disc over hard. No good flex on any shots. Disc would start wanting to dump left fairly quickly.

Top distance with the Time Lapse was maybe 400'. It felt like I had to savage my arm to reach that. This disc is a f'ing CHORE to throw, and reminds me a lot of a proto Kong (another fairly lousy performer). The disc is slow, glides terribly, and doesn't want to stay in the air.

Came here to see if others were having a similar flight to what I'm seeing. And this comment sums up my experience 100%. I've been working on two L2's since the beginning of the year and they both perform to this summary. I kept hoping getting a little worn in would help but it's not there. This weekend was the final straw when I started throwing a thunderbird as a second drive and it was reaching the same or similar distance.

10 | 4 | -.5 | 2.5 is what I'd rate it at. It's not beef but certainly lacks glide.

I absolutely rip it flat, get a little turn, and it's still short of where I think it'll land. When testing with Destroyers/Outlaws, it comes up short by a good margin in comparison. Just not clicking for me, YMMV.

Came here to see if others were having a similar flight to what I'm seeing. And this comment sums up my experience 100%. I've been working on two L2's since the beginning of the year and they both perform to this summary. I kept hoping getting a little worn in would help but it's not there. This weekend was the final straw when I started throwing a thunderbird as a second drive and it was reaching the same or similar distance.

10 | 4 | -.5 | 2.5 is what I'd rate it at. It's not beef but certainly lacks glide.

I absolutely rip it flat, get a little turn, and it's still short of where I think it'll land. When testing with Destroyers/Outlaws, it comes up short by a good margin in comparison. Just not clicking for me, YMMV.
I had a similar experience and have moved on. I had 2 purple flight plates and a teal. I average a little over 400' and can push 425' if I am throwing a Destroyer/ DD3 well.

I found them to be very inconsistent. 1 throw they would be OS, the next they would flip a lot more than expected. I struggled to get them to 400', even after knocking the new off of them. They were not consistent enough to be the OS driver I wanted and didn't carry enough to be a workhorse I had hoped they would be and too domey and stiff for them to be comfortable FH. I did check out some restock and they feel softer, but not good enough for me to want to try them again.

My ultimate wakeup call with the Time Lapse came when I smoked an ESP Anax past it by about 20' with way less effort involved. The Anax glides better, stays straighter longer, and fades way later than the Time Lapse.

No 12 speed driver should be getting beat by an Anax so easily. Even the Zenith (MVP speed 11) was way easier to throw (and longer) than the Time Lapse.

I guess I'll chime in as well. Pretty much the same experience with one L2 and one stock run. Low glide and feels clunky and cumbersome in the hand. The stability was pretty nice though and I could control it very well, I'd rate it 12, 4, -1, 2.5.

Per usual with overmold drivers this one is more OS than the numbers suggest but not that much. It's like a 12, 3, 0, 3 for me. It feels good in the hand and comes out of the hand fast like a 12, but it just doesn't glide that well. Time-Lapse is a fitting name since it basically leaves your hand and then it's on the ground. I haven't had a chance to retest it since I got it, but that's on my list of stuff to bring out for field work later this week along with a Zeus, Reach, Destroyer, Strive, Shryke, Trespass and probably some other 11-13 speed supposedly somewhat OS drivers. Maybe I'll dig out the Mayhem I liked to compare it with.