• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack usage poll

Do you use both backpack straps?

• Everytime

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 54 42.9%
  • Mostly just between holes and after long drives

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • Seldom

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Almost never

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
You gotta one strap bro, even if everyone else is two strapping.... Yeah, longer walks constitue the backpacj going all the way on. Sometines just grab it by the handle mostly just one strap it (with my counter weight arm as to not burn up my shoulder too soon)

It was that or spend however much to get a Gorilla Boy Simian, one with seat to have one with a seat. Even the knock offs from Baglane are $150. I might have bought the knock off if it were more like $120 or under but that Knock off is not worth it at $150. At that price I am better off spending the $220 on the real deal. I would have bought a real disc golf bag the Super hero h2O model if I did not find the bag I use with a seat built into it. That bag alone cost was $65.

Fossa tana=$80 stool=$20 being able to pull of that setup within your price point=priceless

I hate to say this, but I get Casey's point. If you've owned a bag/stool combo and a Simian they're not even in the same ballpark. I disagree on the cost though. I bought a squirrel monkey several years ago, and it's the bag (of 8) I use most when I don't bring the cart. It cost as much as Casey's setup but still looks like new. That made me buy a heavily-used Simian for $100. I loved it for a few months before deciding to keep the Ergo, sold it to a friend for what I paid for it, and he's still using it. It still looks like it's in the same condition as when he bought it. I believe the Gorilla Boy Simian is worth every penny.

I hate to say this, but I get Casey's point. If you've owned a bag/stool combo and a Simian they're not even in the same ballpark. I disagree on the cost though. I bought a squirrel monkey several years ago, and it's the bag (of 8) I use most when I don't bring the cart. It cost as much as Casey's setup but still looks like new. That made me buy a heavily-used Simian for $100. I loved it for a few months before deciding to keep the Ergo, sold it to a friend for what I paid for it, and he's still using it. It still looks like it's in the same condition as when he bought it. I believe the Gorilla Boy Simian is worth every penny.

Yes but it was out of my price range. At least what I was trying to look for originally does not exist anymore anywhere. My dad had a Fishing seat with saddle bags on it for his discs and some small pouches for other stuff. The set up has a single carry strap I would have taken off for Disc Golf Quad straps of some kind. Dad still uses the Single strap for his bag, and could use quad straps as they are more comfortable. Saw two guys when on vacation Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware using this same set up my dad has now, the fishing seat with saddle bags and small pouches on it.

Last edited:
The other issue I'm having is that to get my arm through the second strap it has to be fairly loose. Then the bag rides too low. Guess I'm used to higher riding / snug fitting camping backpacks.

Also I've never used the chest buckle

I go with 1 strap unless I'm going long distances, mostly because of shoulder issues (frozen left, impinged rotator right). Extremely short distances get the handle.

Been rocking an Odin since they came out, I got in on the pre-order