• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backyard courses

Mako8

Hi all, I have been working on my backyard course for about a year now. I have 20 shots and 10 baskets on 5 acres of land. I am planning on about 25 holes or so all together and will be adding on with 9 mini DG baskets. Here's a couple of shots of the DIY mini basket I made; will post more course shots when I get a chance.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 84
Thanks guys! The land is great for DG lots of elevation change and tight tunnel fairways. The course is short but the challenge is possesses makes it shy away from a pitch and putt course.

Love the mini baskets. An idea I've had for a while that I would like to eventually incorporate into my backyard course is to use mini baskets as tee markers. You could play from where you make your putt on the 'real' dg course to the mini basket at the next tee.

Love the mini baskets. An idea I've had for a while that I would like to eventually incorporate into my backyard course is to use mini baskets as tee markers. You could play from where you make your putt on the 'real' dg course to the mini basket at the next tee.

That's a pretty cool idea. I've already got one mini basket to start.

Agreed---cool idea---at least on a course where the transitions are open enough to be playable. How durable are mini-baskets, left out in the weather?

I haven't left mine outside at all yet. I have the DGA mini basket and according to the DGA site the basket has a Gold iridite finish to prevent tarnish or rust. No idea how long that would last though.

Agreed---cool idea---at least on a course where the transitions are open enough to be playable. How durable are mini-baskets, left out in the weather?

I built mine out of galvanized wire and enamel painted wood; I believe it will last a long time in the weather. Time will tell as I am placing them out now.

I really like the idea; this could make for some challenging mini shots. I hope to have 9 holes as an extension of the real DG course; you play through the 27 holes and when you hole out on 27 you proceed to the next tee but that is the first tee for the mini DG course. How far would say is good for a mini DG shot? 70 to 100 feet seemed god to me.

Latest posts