• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Lie Pics

I think I've posted this before on the Funniest/Weirdest things seen on the course thread, but figured it was more fitting here. I threw my Space Ghost (Lat64 Flow) on summer hole 8 at White River, it ricocheted off of one tree and punched through a branch on another tree.

picture.php

This one had me rolling! Plus, I love the flow.

I made it down to Florida and got to play a round with thrembo, russmb, wjshooter, and jedimaster13. They all got to see how a palm tree swallows up a valk traveling at high speed
badlie-1.jpg

bridge.jpg

Under the bridge. Not even sure how to play this one.

Couldn't you pull it directly on top of the bridge without penalty? Had a friend land in a culvert during leagues and supposedly the rule was that he could pull it directly above the culvert onto the bridge without penalty. Anyone?

Couldn't you pull it directly on top of the bridge without penalty? Had a friend land in a culvert during leagues and supposedly the rule was that he could pull it directly above the culvert onto the bridge without penalty. Anyone?

B. If a disc comes to rest below the playing surface, its lie shall be marked on the playing
surface directly above it. If the point directly above the disc is an out-of-bounds area, the
disc shall be declared out-of-bounds and marked an penalized in accordance with 803.09. If the playing surface directly above the disc is inside a solid obstacle, the lie shall be marked on the line of play immediately behind the solid obstacle.

Even after reading this, it still seems dodgy.

Westover Park on the new #19 hole...

DGTour7.jpg

TreeJam.jpg

It just lodged in between the fork in the branch. I was looking in the weeds for about 20 minutes before I spotted it.

As I was throwing my putter to the next tee pad, I went to pick it up and almost stepped in this pile of crap someone left. This is one of the many problems about having a course inside of a park. Or shall I say, a park inside of a course. :)
c3f7e1fd.jpg

I carry a slingshot to shoot down discs stuck in trees. U just gotta be careful how you shoot so that the ball bearing doesn't bounce back and hit you in the eyeball.

As I was throwing my putter to the next tee pad, I went to pick it up and almost stepped in this pile of crap someone left. This is one of the many problems about having a course inside of a park. Or shall I say, a park inside of a course. :)
c3f7e1fd.jpg

Almost a $hitty $hot!:doh:

For a few years, there's been a disc stuck in a Redwood on hole 18 at the Redwood Curtain in Arcata, CA. It's stuck a couple hundred feet up and looks like it was a HUGE tomahawk throw...

Latest posts