• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated Putting Putter?

Yes, the guy I play with most of the time has a green Summit that he has had forever and uses it a lot. I has a wonderful smooth look and feel after years of use.
My $$$$ was more targeted at the replacement costs of those old Vibram discs, especially if you need a exact color and weight. (Mine were micro-granite Ridges 🤑😲🤬😵)

For years now, I have been relying on the Swan 2 as my putting putters. They have saved my butt on many a hole. In the summer months I switch to the Medium Burst and during colder weather I throw the BT Softs.

Plasma Nomad, I don't know of anybody else who uses it for putting, just the Electron version. 60-80 feet out it has radar on the basket. I play an average 4 rounds a week, and likely will drop two. There was a round where I dropped in 4. I had it for about a week and dropped in 76-footer death putt on a hole I always wanted for birdie, when I noticed after a few weeks it always seemed to be around the basket I put it on the Retired Death Putt list.

Having gone through Aviars, Wizards and a few others, I putt with a Lightning #2. One came with my practice basket and something about the rim just feels right.

RingerGT for me. Shallow feel in the hand, just right... MJ putted with them at one time (not sure about now), but I haven't seen many others in the wild. Definitely underrated IMO.

I someimes get matched up with a group in a tournament where it sees like everyone is putting with Lunas. I find it refreshing when meet someone that's putting with something new. I'll start it off by saying that I putt with the Prodiscus Sparta. I like how straight and glidey it is, but my favorite thing about them is the plastic. Prodiscus base plastic can be both firm and very grippy. I really like not ever having to think about the disc slipping.

What other underrated putting putters are you using?
Magnet, Jawbreaker currently old stamp with Proline titanic's boh molds long 20--34/40 feet beat in, short newer for both molds. Also have Shark in star for approach to long putter and OOP a 166 gram Lightning #2 upshot in Prostyle plastic for uphill/downhill and some long putting that has yet to die since 2005.

Last edited:
Magnet, Jawbreaker currently old stamp with Proline titanic Also have Shark for approach to long puter and a 166 gram Ligtning #2 upshot in Prostyle plastic for uphill/downhill and some pu.
Hey Casey!

Glad to see you back, after a nearly a 3 year hiatus.
Hope you're doing well!

I putt with Wardens now, but the Gateway Magic started my love for beadless putters, putting and throwing.
I second this. I've been using the warden for a year now. I've tried about 20 other putters but the warden has a nice neutral light, decent glide and the Cleanest release for me.

Focus. Got two Jawbreakers years ago as part of a pack that I only ordered for the JB Buzzzes. Gave it a go and haven't looked back. Reminds me of my old ridges, but with actual glide. Just don't try the soft lol

Discraft APX is my current weird obsession. Trying to pick between the X-Soft and Elite Pro I have and then focus on collecting at least 4 backups (I'll let you know after a few more rounds if I'm interested in those chains ones @Skamanda)